New to this, need some advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for years I have worried my self sick over everything.. and I mean everything (loose floorboards, windows needing cleaning, car servicing, even down to what if the femce falls down!!) I am not crazy and i realise all these things are trivial but I still worry, 

Over the last year this has become unbearable and its effecting my everyday life as I walk around feeling ill all day with constant butterflys and basic stomache pains, finally after years I finally went to see a doctor to find out that I do have a condition and I am not bonkers, well he percribed me citalopram 10mg and I have been taking them for about a week and despite the dry mouth I am not experiencing any problems with them, I am aware these pills take about 4-8 weeks to kick in but I wanted to know what I can expect as I am still feeling the same at present.

Will the constant worries go?

Will the anxiety go?

May sound silly but wanted ask people who may know.

Thank you

Bobby

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I have not had any experience with citalopram, I do know as you have pointed out that the meds take a few week to kick in, not all drugs work the same on all people what works for one might not work for another.

I do know that drugs alone does not always help, therapy CBT and meditation etc

can also help.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I'm also on 10mg citalopram, day 10. I've had awful side effects but everyone's told me it takes around 6 weeks for it to kick in. The support on here is great & the only thing keeping me going at the moment. Hope you feel better soon x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had sleepless nights to begin with so started taking the citalopram in the morning which helped, I still wake up a lot through the night though. I have the dry mouth too & nausea. There is light at the end of the tunnel think we just have to be patient. If you have a look at some of the other posts on the citalopram forum they should give you more hope X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I go to sleep ok but find I wake up at about 4 and then can go back to sleep as i am worrying about dumb stuff AGAIN!!! 

Its not until I talked to the doctor about my worries I realise how stupid they are.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was the exact same! I could get to sleep but was waking up in a panic at about 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, I've definitely seen an improvement in my sleep now though, sleep till about 7am. It's the only thing that has improved so far for me x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up