New to this...undiagnosed anxiety advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. Recently just started a mutual break from my fiance of 9 years, im not naive in thinking we will get back together as the relationship has basically run its cause but I've always had a sense of anxiety from a young age and with everything that's going on recently I feel a lot more stress and I'm always anxious. Social situations have always been a big deal for me but I've always felt I've been in full control as I can say no etc but with this "break" my friends are trying to pick me up and take me places that are out of my comfort zones..They just don't understand what I'm feeling and I'd feel as though they would think I'm mental if I tried to explain.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry you are feeling bad at the moment. Life in general without a break up can cause stress and in turn anxiety. I would say go to your Dr to start off with and tell them you are feeling anxious all the time. I have social anxiety too and have stopped doing alot of things and stopped going places, but that isn't the answer. Keeping busy and doing things often helps as it takes your mind off what is going on and how you feel, exercise can also help. I do realise that when your anxiety is bad sometimes going out is the last thing you want to do. Hopefully your friends will be supportive as it really helps, or did for me anyway to talk about how I feel. Ask your Dr about therapy, it gives you the tools to help deal with how you feel and cope with things better. The best of luck. You'll get through it, don't be hard on yourself you are going through a tough time. Baby steps all the way and think of what you achieve every day.cheesygrin
    • Posted

I truly appreciate your reply. Normally I exercise every morning and like to maintain a routine each day (I'm a sucker for routine) but since moving back in with my parents obviously it has been hard. I openly speak about my issues and will definitely go to a doctor, to be honest I was glad you suggested it as it was my next step. Thank you very much for your kind words 👍
  • Posted

No problem chilly, never ever be afraid to ask for help. I'm glad you talk about things sometimes it really does help. We all need help at some time in our lives. We just happen to need it now. I hope your Dr is helpful and the very best of luck with everything. Take care, you can do it. cheesygrin
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist, a counsellor, or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

Also, have you had anxiety before?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.