new to this withdrawal symptom relapse

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone had withdrawal symptoms return after not having any for weeks? I had been on celexa for 18 years for severe anxiaty about health concerns.  the last year or so did not find the drug was helping and decieded  to go off and maybe try something new. I had all the  usual withdrawal symptoms at every taper decrease but after 4-5 months finally was feeling well for 2-4 weeks . like my old self from long ago. this past 3 days i have been crying constantly. fears of being sick and overwhelming andb I feel hopless and helpless. Is this a normal expeiriance with the withdrawal? too have setbacks or repeated symptoms

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been feeling this way?

Usually - I was told by Dr....these symptoms do not last longer than 2 weeks.

• Posted

hi,

I was on citalopram for 10 years.

I gradually stopped it very slowly within 3 years ,without any withdrawl symptoms.

Then ,I was o.k for 4 years ,and sudenly I experienced withdrawl symptoms for 2 months

I was carefull enough not to restart the drug ,and then they stopped.

I am now feeling fine again! !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.