new user

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i just wanted to say this site has been great-i was prescribed orlistat by my gp this morning and didnt really know anything about it but reading all your comments has been really helpful. thanks-here's to all the soon to be skinny ladies!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hope you do well Karonnie! Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

Hi Karronie,

I am starting today...would like to share the experience!!!

I am 12 st 12 and am looking foreward to being slimmer again!

What is your starting weight and target?

Good Luck!

Julie

• Posted

hey i need to lose 10 stone which seems like a lot of hard work but im feeling positive so finger's crossed. been using the tablets 4 days and had no bad effects yet although i havent really eaten a lot of fat! i8 think i have fear of side effects!
  • Posted

first week done and a 4 pound loss! im very happy!
  • Posted

Hiya,

WELL DONE !! :D keep up the good work...10 st is a lot ....maybe if you try to break it up and say to yourself 'I need to lose 1 stone' it might not seem such a lot to acheive...then start over again with the next stone??

I have lost 2 lbs but I am on a very low fat diet so I don't know if the tablets help really?

I had constipation first two days and have not had the 'runs' or any oil so don't know if I'm doing this right?? How are you finding the tablets?

Well done again...

Julie

• Posted

the runs and oil are signs of abusing the pill not that you are doing it right so basically no oil and runs is good! if the pill is discouraging you from higher fat foods then its good and also it eliminates 1/3 of the fat you do eat so it should be helping you in one way or another smile
  • Posted

Hi everyone!

Just started on Orlistat this morning. I have never even dieted before so this is a new and weird experience for me. Any tips etc would be great.

Start date and weight: 17/10/09 70kgs

Due for weigh-in monthly (back on 13/11/09)

GP set my target to obtain for Jan 2010 at 66.5kgs....so in 3 months I must lose 3.5kgs

Hoping this really works for me :roll:

• Posted

the tablets are doing ok for me-i havent had any side effects. i went out for a meal with my boyfriend last night- i had a few chips as a treat but had no side eggects-maybe because i only had a little bit of fat the rest of the day!

does anyone know what effects alcohol will have? im having a party and im planning on drinking a fair amount-any tips?

• Posted

you may see oil a few days later, i have found that if i have overstepped my 15g boundary at a meal i will see the effect about 24-48 hrs later when i go to the loo, i think if you overstep it by a lot you will see the urgency, leaking etc but if only by a little it will come out when you go.

i have always been unsure with alcohol, have always avoided things like baileys (cream) and stuck to mixers with diet coke i.e malibu & coke or vodka & coke - no problems with those in my experience

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.