new user

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, to all, was on seroxat for about 6yrs 20mgs, over a period of about 6wks i slowly came off them, but i found i was struggling with work and the daily routine of life, so after a visit to the doc, have been put on 15mg of mirtazapine, so thats a week of the tablets taken, now i feel all lethargic, like a serious hangover ( dont drink ) my sleep pattern is better, maybe sleeping to much, foned doc and was advised to continue taking them, sitting here dreading getting up at 6am for work on monday if they are still making me feel hung over, what is the users advice ?

many thanks ! for any replies ! :? [/b]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try taking them an hour or two before you plan to go to sleep. This helped me out a lot when I first started taking them.

Also, the longer you're on mirt the more you get used to the sedative effects. I found that the \"hangover\" began easing up after 2 weeks or so.

Hope this helps smile

• Posted

many thanks ryan, do you find mirt is helping you ?
  • Posted

For me yes, I've been through several different meds until I started these and once I'd got over the initial hump, they've been really effective.

I know they aren't for everyone though lol

Did you manage to get up for work ok?

• Posted

yep managed up for work fine, sitting on puter today at 6.30am didnt sleep well, my vivid dreams are wakening me up ! :?
  • Posted

been on citalopram for 2 years now but recently started to feel dizzy when i was out and about round people and my anxitey increasing now my docter has given me mirtazapine and wondering if its gonna make me worse and other side effects any coments thanks jon
  • Posted

[quote:48a0eb5af7=\"jj1 \"]been on citalopram for 2 years now but recently started to feel dizzy when i was out and about round people and my anxitey increasing now my docter has given me mirtazapine and wondering if its gonna make me worse and other side effects any coments thanks jon[/quote:48a0eb5af7]

I have taken this for a month and feel more anxious and panicky than before I started taking it.

Margaret

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.