New vision of hell

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have come down with a hybrid of sickness bug and the flu with a hacking cough. My child also has the same thing and needs nursing, even though I can barely move my eyes much less anything else.

My coughs are so bad it is a huge strain on my brand new hip joint, the same with wretching. If you have had this, can you confirm I cant dislocate?? Every time I cough I can feel the hardware moving, it is uncemented if that matters, and it is VERY painful.

I am not able to clean the carpets, its a nightmare actually with little one as well.

If anyone else has had this please tell me how you managed. Would it help if i held my hip whilst coughing etc?

It is no fun 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried using Vicks, sorry that I cannot help with anything else hopefully others will. But its good to inhale with (even little one, but no towel for little one). As well as rubbing on chest and back. You can also rub on soles feet and put socks on to help aid with sleeping at night time, that can be done for both of you.. And hopefully hubby will be able to do that for you xx

Wish you both better xx

Ann

• Posted

u should be ok mine is uncemented too but it takes alot of force like being hit by a car in order for it to dislocate i had a hip revision in dec and then i was moving something heavy and i dislocated my hip just sitting there if its just a cough u should be ok when i was sick i had a nasty cough and i felt my hip moving too just becare and dont bend past 90 degrees and no heavy lifting hope that helps

• Posted

Just make sure when you cough hard or sneeze don't be laying back, try to be foot flat on the floor and back upright.

• Posted

so sorry fir you Rose . how distressing for you . mine is not cemented and my surgeon said it would take a lot to dislocate it .

take care

• Posted

I do not know what you have but I would ask for help theres no shame in it .

If no family ring dr get cough and pain seen to ask friends or anyone even social might help

Forget carpets get your self fit again first

If you cant move ring gp for a visit no one should be left like this

Your little one will be fine

• Posted

100% you won't dislocate it by coughing. The feeling you get is probably from the muscles. Most thrs are not cemented now. You will be fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.