New with anxiety help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So it all started a few months ago I was at work an felt like I was gonna pass out felt light headed spaced out so went home thought nothing of it since then I've had pains in my neck shoulders bad headaches I can't eat much it makes me feel sick I normally just pick can't eat full meals ! I am constantly yawning tired I wake up and can sleep all day I get spaced out heart races at least twice a day I cry for no reason I don't knw what's wrong with me I also get this sinking feeling in my stomach which makes me cry ears are buzzing constantly I don't knw what's happening with me I called my doctor in tears yesterday as I felt awful crying then I get the shakes she's given me anti depressants I really don't wanna take them am I depressed or anxious? I don't knw ??? 

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

a doctor is a good place to start, and yes you sound anxious and depressed, they often go hand in hand. sometimes it can occur and we have little idea why, for some its not important to know why. sometimes it can be triggered by something and the root is far in our past. talking therapy can be equally or more beneficial than medication, so theres always that option. i went down that route as medication isnt a road i want to go down, for me meds dont solve anything, but for others they work well
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank u for your reply I'm normally out going an quite spontaneous I just feel really lethargic it's horrid I've taken to colouring today to try to keep my mind off it my children think I'm mad brought tons of books to colour :-/ I'm trying to breathe through the sinking feeling I keep gettin I would understand if I was doing something to correspond with the feeling but really colouring a picture of a giraffe an getting the sinking feeling really ! It's nuts driving me mad 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is so awful I know, when u have these feelings but can't associate where they came from. There is always a trigger, therapy can help you find it if it's important, meds can give you a resolution, it can give you relief.  I say can, as they can't always, for me meds are out of the question, others will swear by them. It really all depends what you are most comfortable with 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Vikki,

Yes I think you should take the  medication,but to also consider therapy,although it didn't help me a great  deal,but I'm a long-time depressive/anxiety person.

Get to the root of it as suggested by previous messager,there is a cause of it and you will have to address it,it will take time,patience and strength to overcome this,anxiety can bring on all these symptoms,it is a master of deception,but ride the storm,take some deep breaths,meditate and occupy yourself,which you appear to be doing,I used to colour,now I do cryptic crosswords and read,damned hard to concentrate though!

Look there's no shame in taking meds,they should help,what have they put you on?

If it continues,with or without meds,see your doctor again,that buzzing in the ears is awful isn't it? Used to think it was Tinnitus,but bit of both with me.

Wishing you all the very best!

Regards Malc

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks yes the ears annoy the hell out of me I think mine may be linked to getting ill I was positive I had a lump in my breast which turned out to be nothing after that I couldn't watch the soaps as storyline in eastenders was breast cancer silly ay! I was then told I had globus hysterious I had the feeling something was stuck in my throat that's seemed to of gone now but I've got constant headaches neck pain I get tingly hands jeez falling apart the worst I hate is the sinking feeling as it feels I'm gonna pass out then I get shivery she put me on 20mg of citalopram 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi the first  thing to remember is that what is  happening to you is happening to many people. Your body at  the moment is over sensitised because of your anxiety. You then feel bewildered by your feelings and a second fear comes in this triggers all the feelings you are getting. Your NOT going mad and it will pass. If you can imagine it is your nearves having a big shot of adrenalin . It is the not knowing what is to get even more afraid 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My computor is slow . Remember it WILL get easier youtube Dr Claire weeks this will explain what is happening she also has a book Essential Help for your nearves. Your not alone Vikki and just think that many people including myself have  or are going through a similar experience it is the not knowing what is happening which is the frightening part. It is your body reacting to a stressful situation and all your senses are exagerated like being on full volume full alert so you feel more with your bodysenses, think more deeply. It will get easier  really. I understand not wanting to take medication. Camomile tea has a calming effect.  Hope this helps.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Vikki,

Citalopram is good,escatilopram is better,but it should help,you are in a bad place right now,but it WILL get better,people on this forum all suffer,and we're all different,affected in so many ways,and it's a bummer,but the first thing to do is to accept it,don't  try to block things,acceptance of the way you are right now is very important,but accept it and the anxiety will reduce over time.

Of course if you can't then that's understandable,not easy to do,but it was a big first step for me over 40years ago,and I still get really bad days,but with my meds and modified lifestyle,I have nullified most of the worst of the symptoms,but I will not allow it to rule my life any more.

Keep in touch,Vikki,and hope you feel a bit better soon!

Regards Malc

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up