New Year

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Tess and Linda,

Happy New Year

I have had a nice relaxing xmas and a busy New year.

Linda how are you feeling? have you managed to find a way of sorting out your meds so that you feel better?

Tess I hope life is treating you well.

The xmas cake was great we managed to try it a few days ago. You can taste the Brandy. Their is only Alan and I that eat it. Yum Yum

Lizzy

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

A Happy New Year to you both and hope you are both doing well today!

I have had quite a lot of pain lately and think I am doing too much lol.

When will I learn.

Going to help Andrew move again on Friday. He has had lots of trouble with the heating in his rented house. Moving out and renting a bungalow now. Should have been going for my cancer check but have made another appointment so now go on the 21st January. Its only a week later than I went last year. Couldn't do it at the weekend as couldn't take the removal van back until Monday and would cost a lot more.

Stewart has to be careful though as he cut the side of his hand badly at work on Monday night and spent the whole night shift in the casulty department. He had some stiches and has now got it covered up. He cut it right down to the bone and was lucky he didn't loose his finger. He was wearing his safety gloves thank god. Think he was trying to get out of it lol as the last time we helped Andrew move he had a chest infection.

We haven;t done any more on the kitchen or dining room yet this year. We have Stewart's brother and wife over from New Zealand for three weeks.

Steph is now 31 weeks pregnant and has been having to prick her finger for the last few weeks to check her blood sugar for diabetes. Her levels have gone higher and now she has to take some tablets bless her. She goes to see the Diabetic Nurse next tuesday.

Linda I hope your mum is doing ok at St Eds. When does she have her other eye done?

Lizzy has Alan had any luck yet with a job. I do hope this year is going to be a better year for you all.

Well time for my bed soon so going to go now.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Tess,

Well, Had a nice calm Christmas and a quiet New Yea. Mum managed very well at Ann`s on Christmas Day, only got distressed when going to the toilet because she couldn`t manage by herself. Bless. Went on the St. Eds outing to the Pantomime at the Key Theatre this week and they all did really well. I don`t think I`ll ever stop singing the praises of the Manager there, she is brilliant.

Ray ok apart from his cough but that`s just down to the weather! Lol I`m down to half a tablet once a day of the Venlafaxine and certainly don`t feel any worse for not taking it. It makes me ask the question is there other medication I don`t need? In fact I`m now more aware of symptoms of the other things I have. Trying to keep a list of things and take it with me when I next go to the GP

Is there any news on the Job front for Alan, Lizzy? How is your councelling going? I`m still waiting for an appointment but feel so different not sure what I will do. May have the first assessment appointment and see what they suggest.

Well, haven`t got much planned for today but a busy appointment week ahead, so think I will try and save some energy for that!

Happy New Year, Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

Good to hear from you Linda! My Christmas and New Year were very hectic. Lovely all the same. Still busy as we have Stewart's brother and wife over from New Zealand. Had a get together with them on Tuesday for our families. Was lovely to see them all together but very tiring. Didn't to bed until after 12 and then up at quarter to six for Stewart at work. Went out with them last night to see some friends and turned into another late night. Need more sleep and more rest lol.

Steph has been told now she will have to increase the tablets for her diabetes and be on about four by the end of next week. She is also booked in for to more scans to keep an idea on how big poppy is. Also they will not let her go full term and could have her either 38 or 39 weeks.

Not long now to go. She is 32 weeks now. As long as they are both ok is the main thing.

Well Stu and Chris both at work today so going to try and have a bit of a chill day!

Claire is not so good with her crohns now and waiting to have a test where she swallows a camera. She did have a lovely holiday in Sweden and Norway over Christmas and New Year.

Lizzy are you still eating your xmas cake! Mine has all gone now. Hope you are all well.

Take care!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Linda and Tess,

Sorry I haven't been around very much. I have been trying to deal with a very low mood for the last few weeks.

So how are all your aches and pains?

The snow has gone here but is still very cold.

Still no job for Alan.

Took daughter for her Uni Interview yesterday I do hope she gets an offer.

Linda yes I make lists for docs now, I'm sure some of the bits I take are just creating other problems.

Take care.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Just popped on to keep up to date with you both as our broadband keeps going down while they do routine maintenance! It`s being a real pain.

Tess, it must have been lovely to see Stuarts family, something that doesn`t happen often I inagine. Hope your daughters get sorted out soon.

Lizzy I feel for you with your low mood, I`ve now come of my anti depressant, had to do it very gradually, as I really needed to see what I could and couldn`t cope with. GP supported me in this as he felt my depression was circumstantial rather than clinical! So will need to report back, another reason for the list.diary. Not feeling weepy or anything like that, but on a short fuse if you get my drift, and really not able to settle to do much. Oh well nothing new there then!

Well, must sort out some other pc jobs while it`s still working! Take care both,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

Linda good to see you back on! Yes was lovely to see Stewart.s family and get together. They have gone off to Germany to see relations for a week and fly back to New Zaland. I came off my antidepressants once and you do have to come off very slowly and carefully.

Lizzy I do hope Alan gets some good news soon with a job. Must be really upsetting and frustrating for you all.

Well my pains have been really bad the last few weeks. Feel as I haven't had a proper rest since Christmas with everything going on with the family. Need to go back and see gp about some different pain relief.

Had cancer check yesterday and thought it would be straight forward as always. Went in and actually saw the surgeon who did my operation and he was not very happy. He said my dr shouldn't have change my thyroid levels without talking to him first. In lowing my levels he has put me more at risk of cancer cells returning my not keeping my levels of thyroxine higher than normal. Luckily I have only been on it since about October and now have to go back up to 150mg instead of 125mg. I did say to him couldn't something be put on my notes that will flag up to let other doctors know not to reduce my medication. He is going to write to my dr telling him about this. I have mentioned to my gp before about my levels have to remain high and he knows about the cancer. When he said about reducing I am sure I ask him if if was ok to do and presumed he would write to the consultant first. I feel a bit sorry for him as he is a good doctor and wouldn't do anything to put me at harm. I will get a letter from the consultant when he has written to him. I feel I shall have to go in and see him and talk to him. After seeing him I was asked to have my blood done straight away. Linda have you been to the new hospital yet? Lizzy we have a brand new Super Hospital and they do not have a blood department on its own where you can have your bloods taken. I was shocked when the receptionist told us that. There is one of the clinics you can go on and have them done. You have to be slotted in with people on the clinic but they get prority. So no telling how long it would take. We didn't go and find out. We were also told we could go to the walk in centre the other side of town.n That would mean a further parking fee. In the end decided to call in at my own doctors on the way home and managed to get one booked for tues at 11.30. Such a joke spent million of pounds building a new super hospital and no blood dept! Also Claire has been saying they have no more beds that at the old hospitals and she has had to wait over two hours or more with patients on trolleys.

Sorry about the moan! Why can't things just be straight forward and life would be so much easier.

Have a good weekend!

Tess

• Posted

Tess,

Well what a farce, will be taking Mum to have her shoulder checked in a couple of weeks. Already had contact with them though and can`t say it was re-assuring! Had to change her appointment cause it was for the same day as Ray`s eye op, rang constanly for two days and was just told to try later. In the end I rang the main switch board and was put through. the lady asked which number I was ringing and said that it was the one for the district hospital and all the new appointments were sent out with the old contact number on them!!

I know what you mean about not feeling right since Christmas, the fatigue and the stiffness is really getting me down, so am keeping my diary as was suggested and I`m quite surprised as didn`t realise just how often I get problems and what they all are. My GP is away till middle of February so I`ll have plenty to show him.lol

Well, hope you get your thyroid sorted, Tess and hope the mood is a little better Lizzy

Linda

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

I hope you have both had a good weekend.

Linda I hope your mums appt. goes well. I had the same problem as you when the hospital moved to a new one, I tried to re-arrange an appt. and it turned out they had sent the appt. through with the old number.

Tess I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid levels been allowed to drop, I saw my Gp last week and he appologised to me for not giving me enough Vit D he had had a letter from my endo goodness knows what he said.

Alan has got 3 interviews next week I do hope one of them works out.

I have collected my prescription for thyroxine last week and I plan to start taking it next week wednesday I think. I am very nervous about it as they are not sure what will happen when I take it. My TSH and T3 are normal but my T4 is borderline low. My endo thinks I will feel better if he raises my T4 slightly. The only problem is my body does not always respond as expected and I am concerned that I may end up hyper again which was what put me in this mess in the first place. Tess does thyroxine take long to come out of your system? Apparently I also have high levels of some other thyroid thing and he thinks that could also be making me feel like shit and so when I go back he thinks he should be able to help me some more.

Vicky had a good Uni interview and we are now just waiting for an offer I do hope she gets one.

I had to have a rushed set of blood tests last week as the doc was concerned that I may have an infection I always go to the old hospital as its a queing system and hardly anyone uses it now.

Linda I hope you get your internet sorted properly.

Wishing you both a good week.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy,

Just a quick post and I`m sure Tess will let you know what docs tell her. GP says there is no point in repeating thyroid test before 6 wks as it takes that long for it to have any effect. Is yours low or high? Mine is low and when I was first diagnosed several people said I would feel like a new woman once it got into my system!! Well that has certainly never happened to me, in fact I don`t think I`ve noticed any difference at all in the 7/8yrs i`ve had it. Whether that`s because I have so many other things going on I don`t know but will certainly be interested in what happens to you Lizzy. I hope everything goes well anyway, you don`t need anything else!

Good luck to Alan with the interviews.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Linda

Well spent from 4.30 yesterday afternoon until quarter past eleven at the hospital with Claire. She is not too well and has been put on glucose, pottasium and other drugs iv. She has also had an NG Tube fitted for her liquid feed to build her back up again. She was going to Addenbrookes today for a tablet endoscopy but a consultant from Addenbrookes came to see her and explained the risks were to high with her levels all over the place. She will now have to wait for that until her levels and bloods are sorted. Feel so tired didn't get to sleep until one clock this morning.

Lizzy like Linda said can take 6 to 8 weeks for everything to settle down after taking a new dose. Not too sure how quick comes out your system but it is suppose to be a natural hormone. I do hope Alan gets some luck with his job interviews and will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Linda I hope your mum appointment goes ok. Did you manage to get the new telephone number. I have it on my card if you should need it.

Didn't think I would be going back to the new hospital as quick as this.

Lizzy I hope you get your levels sorted.

Can't realy think straight at the moment so will catch up with you both later.

Tess

• Posted

Tess

I do hope they sort Claire quickly. Sending her best wishes.

I hope you are on.

Linda and Tess thanks for info I thought they worked straight away and also left your system quickly.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Well they say you learn something new every day! Collected a prescription yesterday but didn`t go to my usual chemist and they asked had I had the meds before and did I know how to take them.

Do any of you take omeprazole for heartburn/indegestion? Apparently they alter how other meds and food are absorbed by the body, and if you take them at the same time as thyroxin they may affect how it works!!! She said to make sure I take them about an hour after. Not bad finding out after about 3yrs!

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

Linda hope you are doing ok today. Saw your message and yes I take omerprazole but don't think I have taken the same time as my thyroxin. It is worth knowing that info though. I also found out that the same applies if you take iron tablets or calcuim tablets as well so bear that in mind.

Lizzy any news with Alan's interviews. So good your daughter has been offered a place. Chris is still waiting to hear from them.

Been really busy backwards and forwards to the hospital to see Claire. She is having an endoscopy today and they are going to try and put the ng tube in for her liquid feed. She is hoping they wont get it in through her nose and she can have it into her stomach through a peg. Won't know how she got on until later unless she rings us. She was so worried about it last night bless her as they don't seem to give patients very much sedation. We are going to see her tonight!

Well got to go as lots to do lol. Catch up again soon.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda.

I hope you have both had a good day.

Yes I new about timing of tablets my chemist goes through it with me every time I have a new set of tablets.

I do hope Claire is ok.

Will be back soon to catch up with you both.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

How are you both doing! I feel really tired going to and from the hospital.

Claire has had a bad time of it since they did the endoscopy and put the ng tube in. The endoscopy was all clear. The ng tube they forced into her nose and the nurse that went with her said she was screaming with pain. She told them if it wouldn't go in not to force it. When she went back on the ward they hadn't put it in right and she sorted it out herself. Her cannula was hanging out and she put that back in as well. Since Friday she has had a headache above her eye where the tube is through that nostril and also pain in her ear, jaw, teeth and neck. Thought things wouldn't get any worse but on Friday they put up her liquid feed and started it going. She had to stop it on sat eve as they had given her a different one with fibre in. Poor girl went to the toiled about 28 times and was really poorly on the Sunday. She has been in over a week now and hasn't got any better but worse. She is seeing the doctor tomorrow and see what they are going to do for her now. She is nervous on speaking to him as he shouted at her last time on the ward in front of the other patients because she spoke for herself. We might have a lovely new hospital but the patient care is as bad as it was at the old hospital.

Can't see her being out for another week now they have made her worse.

Well think it is time for my bed now as feeling really tired. Stu has started his night shift. Got Chris here with me though. He still hasn't heard from Uni about his teaching course.

Take care and catch up again soon.

Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.