New York Prostate Scam

Posted , 7 users are following.

Dr. David Samadi, head of urology at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City is being sued and accused of leaving his prostate surgery patients in the hands of resident med students.  

Dr. Samadi made $7.3 million last year but put some of his patients under general anesthetic instead of a milder sedative so that they wouldn't know that he was leaving, often to perform surgery at another hospital.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Glad they found out. I feel sorry for and of them men that he treated. What a mess..   Ken
  • Posted

That does not surprise me. Once speaking to a previous GP when it looked as if I needed a hip replacement he said I should have it done privately as you never know with the NHS what old retired codger they may bring in to do it once you're under. 

• Posted

Didn't they see this before.  He would start and they leave.  No one said anything.  I know you see this on TV shows.  The one doctor start and another one finish the surgery.  That is wrong.  It's going to make me think if I have a surgery if he is going to be there.  I know when I had my heart ablation .  My doctor was in the room with me  and my urologist was all way between my legs before I was put out.  Sorry that don't sound right.  I guess we will just have to watch.  Have a good holiday guys  Ken   

• Posted

What is the source of your information? This doctor is also a TV commentator.
    • Posted

New York state regulators are reportedly investigating a high-profile Manhattan urologist amid allegations that younger surgeons largely performed procedures that were scheduled at the same time as his other surgeries.

A Boston Globe investigation found that more than 1,500 surgeries purportedly performed by Dr. David Samadi overlapped with other cases between mid-2013 and mid-2016 — about 70 percent of his cases during that span -- and that 400 procedures completely overlapped.

• Posted

We had a court case in britain last week about a liver surgeon who carved his initials into the lady's liver. A laelter surgeon reported this when he cut her open. None of the nurses had reported it and some doctors anonymously said this was OK.

• Posted

A surgeon who marked his initials on the livers of two transplant patients has admitted assault by beating.

Simon Bramhall, 53, committed the offences at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital in February and August 2013.

The liver, spleen and pancreas surgeon was suspended later that year.

He pleaded guilty to two charges at Birmingham Crown Court and will be sentenced at the same court on 12 January.

He denied the more serious charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm - a plea which was accepted by prosecutors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.