Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am on my third week of taking the little blue thingys, and so far have only lost 2lbs sad

I am 5ft 1in and at the moment weigh 11st 4lbs, I'm wanting to get down to 10st before 1st August, is this possible.

I've had no nasty side effects, and I've been sticking to a low fat diet, e.g. bran flakes or weetabix with ss milk for breakfast, snacking on grapes, rice cakes, lunch is usually a wholemeal roll with chicken salad, low fat yoghurt, dinner (around 6pm) is green salad, new potatoes and either chicken, tuna or prawns.

Why is my weight loss not more .........going for my first official weigh-in at end of June with nurse, but I've been using the scales in Boots once a week, just hope the doctors scales are right, because when I first got my tablets, their scales read 11st !!!!!

Trying not to be too discouraged, but its difficult with such a small weight loss.

Love reading all the different topics..keep smiling smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

don't be disheartened, sorry to say but the less you have to lose the slower it seems to take, my nurse has told me the last stone is usually the hardest and as you seem to have just over a stone to lose it's may be the same for you.

I am the same as you 5ft 1 and my \"ideal weight\" is anything between 8st 7 and 9st 4 but myself and nurse feel that being that low would not be appropriate for me so my aim is to be 9st 7 by Christmas, ideally it would of been nice to be it before my holiday at the end of July but it's just not going to be possible on a sensible diet.

Are you exercising at all ?

• Posted

I agree with Suza, the less you have to lose the harder it can be.

Exercise and lots of water would help.

You never know,your doctors scales might be a better result. All scales are so different. If I were you I would stick to one set of scales or at least know the difference in the one's you use to your doctors.

All the best

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't really added anymore exercise to my daily routine, but my only form of exercise is walking, which I manage about 20 minutes a day.

I'm just hoping for a better weight loss next week, fingers crossed

Keep smiling smile

• Posted

Will keep those fingers crossed for you...

Im due my first weigh in on Tues :? Already getting nervous and trying not to think about it too much. I have really tried so hard by keeping a diary of every single thing I eat. I have noticed that Im not eating more than 25g of fat a day, and thats with rounding off?? Should I be worried??

I used to do alot of walking too, but since then had nerve damage in my back and cant do as much as I used to. Before I was on the tabs I lost weight on my own just by doing the walking but since my back injury the needle on the scale has been going in the oposite direction :cry:

I have now started swimming and doing aerobics 2 times a week, physio is keeping me away from gym for a bit till I recover a bit more. Already bought my trainers and trousers for my first gym workout :D

I am so determined to do this. Hoping to get married in about 2 years time and want that dress!!! But above all, I want a healthier lifestyle for when I start having children and become qualified. So much to live for and dont want weight to hold me back no more...

Anyway, enough of myself...just wanted to wish you luck for next weigh in and congrats on your 2lbs LOSS. Keeps me informed on future weigh in's.

Ps- keeping a diary on measurements too, if the scales dont budge hopefully the inches will.

• Posted

I agree with the scales mine don't seem to be that accurate according to my scales I weigh 2 or 2 and a half more kilos than the nurses scales but I like to get on mine no and again to check i'm going in the right direction but look forward to my appointment with the nurse because I know I'll weigh less. Try and think as a pound lost is better than a pound gained and keep up the good work everybody :wink:
  • Posted

also remember and try and get your appts with the nurse for weigh in's at approximately the same time of day as your weight does go up and down during the day and if weighing at home do it with the same clothes (the least possible smile ) and again at the same time of day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.