newbie 5 stone to lose

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i am new today statrted blue's two weeks ago no side affects if anything the opposite (any advice) lost 4lb so happy with that at the moment have 5 stone to go!

does anyone else have this much to lose or any advice on how many calories i should have a day as i cant find that info any where

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi FBB,

I am also a \"large loss\" person - targetting around 8 stone in total.

As far as calories are concerned I am aiming at under 1500 per day (as the recommended level for women is 2000) but I have found that the blueys remove the need to count as they just strip all the fat out.

We will succeed.

LellyM xx

• Posted

thank you

i find the calories are easy to keep down but i find it hard to get over 20g of fat a day how are you doing? great to have a fellow long hauler!!!! :P

• Posted

Hi,

I too have just started my pills last week and I have a huge five stone to lose, in the last five days I have lost four kilos (half a stone), so getting there.

I just hope it carries on like this.

Good luck to you all!

:lol:

• Posted

I agree it does seem a bit odd deliberately adding in fat in order to get to 30g fat a day but I do see that it is necessary for the pills to work whilst keeping your metabolism high. After a call from the MAP dietician, I have settled on nuts as a way of getting each meal to at least 10g of fat without upsetting my general low calories eating plan. In case nuts work for you too, here is what I have worked out as a way of adding 5 healthy grams of fat. I have [u:81431fe785]one[/u:81431fe785] of

9 almonds =55 cals5.0g fat

or

5 brazils =108 cals5.0g fat

or

7 hazelnuts =52 cals5.0g fat

or

6 walnuts =50 cals5.0g fat

If I need to add 9g fat (for example if I am having a virtually fat free lunch like prawns and salad) then I eat all 3 of these which add up to

117cals/9 g fat

6 almonds +2 brazils +5 hazelnuts

Hope the approach is helpful even if nuts don’t float your boat. BTW I have now lost 2stone 4lb ( hurray!) and have about 4 stone to go ( boo!)

• Posted

OMG!!!! HALF A STONE IN A WEEK I AM DEFLATED WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

SADLY NUTS DONT DO IT FOR ME NO BUT THATNKS I WILL UP MY FAT INTAKE A LITTLE AND KEEP YOU POSTED

WOW IT IS NICE TO HAVE FELLOW SUFFERERS! :evil:

• Posted

Well you learn something every day. I have just been cutting out all fat from my diet (except for a very little bit) so it is possible I have not been getting enough for the tabs to do their thing.

I will try increasing a little to see what happens. After all, I already spend most of the dayon teh loo so it cant get much worse (well, that is how it feels)

• Posted

:oops: how is eveyone managing to go to the loo i havent been for days! please help me i have lots of water and fruit and salald and i am just not going!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Posted

Oooh, what was that about fat intake? I have also been keeping mine very VERY low, is this wrong? Am finding the diet very easy to be honest, not losing much weight though...could this fat thing be why? May go back to my GP as was given no info whatsoever...he didn't even weigh me! Does anyone know if we are meant to have a regular weigh in with the doc or just keep track ourselves? Thanks!
  • Posted

Hi New Mummy,

I think you are supposed to go back for new pills once a month, depends on when your pills run out?

My GP has given me the target of losing half a stone by the end of the month or he wont give me any new ones.

I know of other people who go and see the nurse and have a weigh in.

Im in the same situation as you, I have cut down on my fat and I think it is too low. Will have done a week tomorrow so will wait and see what my weitght loss is. I have a huge five stone to get rid of so am in for the long haul.

Good Luck!

Sasx

:lol: :lol:

• Posted

Hi

I also have 5 stone to lose and have been taking tablets since a week past tues. Havent lost an ounce - think im not getting enough fat. Also not going to toilet - 3 days at a time. What am i doing wrong

Im trying to do the healthy thing, but i think i mjust need to eat more fat

can anyone help please - ive lost so much heart. I had a baby 12 weeks ago and have serious baby blues and the weight issue isnt helping. A few pounds would make me feel better a bit

• Posted

morning!

ive got 2 stone to loose n think ive only lost about 4lbs! been on orlistat almost 2 weeks n finding it so hard!

dont think im getting enough fat but im terrified of eating too much in case i have any accidents! :oops: i dread going to sleep at night in case i wake up in a pool of orange oil :shock:

breakfast: im having 2 slices of organic wholemeal toast with scraping of flora light and 30g bran flakes with semi skimmed milk.

lunch: whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken

tea: tescos own low fat meal (cottage pie, lasagne etc)

im snacking on carrots n alpen bars n drinkin loads of water!

does this seem ok or do u think i need to increase my fat intake?

any help appreciated!!!!!!

:D xxx

• Posted

Well folks, the first 3 weeks of being on the blueys I ate my normal diet and lost loads of weight.

this last 2 weeks I have followed a virually fat free diet and not lost anything.

Today, I am at a supplier site and instead of the usual sandwiches for lunch they brought in indian food. I can honestly confirm the tabs still work as I have spent most of the time in the loo since.

So I think I will go back to my normal healthy diet and see what happens.

LellyM xx

• Posted

now im confused!!!! :?
  • Posted

I can understand why you are confused, I have only been on them just over a week, and for the first few days I was not sure wether they were working or not because of the whole toilet issue. However what I have found if you find a happy balance between healthy eating and taking in enough fat aswell you will see a difference.if you try and stick to the rule of between 3-5grams of fat for every 100grams. In 9days I have lost 7pnds which is def a step in the right direction :D
  • Posted

Hi Lucky32, I have also just had a baby (17 weeks ago) and have about 3 and a half stone to lose. And also having the baby blues :-( so i can sympathise. Losing weight is never an easy thing to do, and is (i think) made harder when u are having added stress of adapting your entire life to mummyhood. My only advice to you is really try to get out of the house, i have found it helps lift my mood, and walking round town/to the park/ is all good excersise. Most days i feel like staying in my pyjamas but it does help to force yourself to get dressed, stick a bit of make up on and get out. Plus all the old ladies u pass in the street telling you how beautiful your baby is can be a real confidence boost! Remember, 12 weeks is still very early days.

Keep your chin up and let me know how you are getting on

Lucy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.