Newbie :) Bit scared..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Heya,

I've registered with a different name but waiting on it being authorized (Sarah91) but I'm just back from the doctors after being given Orlistat.

I'm at Uni, and all I could think on the way home (after paying £7.20 for it!) was, 'do I really want to take these?'. I'm almost 17st so I need to lose weight, but the side effects of the 'incontinence' or 'urgency to run to the toilet' etc are really putting me off trying them.

I'm fussy with my food anyway, and looks like I'm going to be living on special K for breakfast with skimmed milk, crispbreads for lunch and pasta/rice and chicken for my tea!

I'm not sure if this has 'scared' me as a fact into going back into my Weight Watchers routine, or if I should take them as well as doing it as an extra and a reminder to stick to it or I'll have bad side effects.

Sorry for the long post!

What do you all think? smile

Ooh also, I'm in East London, Newham, so if anyone wants to 'buddy up' to lose weight, go walking/swimming or anything, email me at [color=orange:338a6ec388][size=9:338a6ec388]********[/size:338a6ec388][/color:338a6ec388]

xx[color=orange:338a6ec388][/color:338a6ec388]

[color=orange:338a6ec388](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, once registered with the forum, you and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/color:338a6ec388]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi sarah and welcome. you wont have any accidents if you stick to the 30g fat a day. 5g breakfast 10g lunch and 15g for dinner and no more than 15g in any one sitting. there's loads of tips and advice in older posts so have a flick threw. im still pretty new still have a lot to learn but others are having great results.

i use panty liners when i go out in fear of accident. had one or two that happened at home ended up with stained draws (which dont come out lol) only wear black now haha.

keep coming back for help and advice loads on here who can answer your questions. good luck G x

• Posted

Hi Sarah Welcome to the forum

You can follow weight watchers as well but be careful you have to look at the full fat content. I don't follow weight watchers but do eat their spicy wedge meals and some of the desserts.

I'm sure I read in a magazine that weight watchers was changing and easier to follow but i'm too busy to go to any meetings.

I agree with G-MA desi You will be fine if you stick to the grams of fat she stated- this includes any snacks.

The key is to look around and find low fat alternatives and eat a varied diet. I don't eat special K very often I eat a variety of cereals with 1% milk for breakfast-my fav. at the mo is mini honey and nut weetabix. Alot of the cereals are low fat.

Look through as many past forums as possible for tips and advice I wouldn't have got this far without logging on here regularly.

I weighed just under 17st when I started mid April and now weigh 3 and half stone less, I kept a food diary for the first few months.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress smile

• Posted

Hi and good luck..But on your note about the side effects \" 'incontinence' or 'urgency to run to the toilet' \" I havent had any of these i think you must only get them if you have a very high fat diet. I did notice i have been going more often but other then that nothing.. you should be fine smile
  • Posted

if you keep to the allotted grams of fat per meal/per day then you shouldnt expierience any side effects other than some wind

its common to get a bit constipated on these tablets to make sure ur fibre intake is up (bran flakes for example) or take a senakot when bloated and unable to go.

i think that this can be done along side weight watchers but you need to keep an eye on the fat content, weight watchers foods for example may be low in points but high in fat - making it unsuitable for someone taking these tablets (its just a case of reading the labels)

like you i'm a fussy eater but i found i could substitute most foods i ate for lower fat alternatives and still have a varied diet

good luck smile

• Posted

hi as already been said if you stick to the fat intake you should be fine I have just finished my first month and had a weigh in today and have lost 8 lbs. I am really sticking to it as terrified of the POO experience and have only noticed that I go more frequantly with the tabs (every day) than i did before (twice a week)
  • Posted

Wee Done on the weight loss Mummy Constantine smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.