Newbie! Please help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone

I have just come across this page and thought I would ask for some advice! I have just been prescribed tablet and starting them 2moro.

I was thinking of following WW diet along with the tablet.

Can anyone tell me if this helps? and are there any foods which I defo need to avoid??? I have read that eggs are particularly bad!?!

Thanks and I would appreciate any help :D

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi hazel and welcome,ive been on blueys about 5 weeks now and had many side effects but everyone is different and some dont have any.All id say is(coz im no expert....still learning)is to watch ur fat intake id personally steer clear of eggs but its personal choice.Keep drinking water and do bit exercise.As long as i keep the fatty foods very low im ok.good luck xx
  • Posted

Thanks Dawn.

I think I will struggle most with lunchtimes at work.... I get bored sitting at a desk all day and i think that eating at my desk is my downfall.

Do you have any lunch ideas?

Also, do you know if prawn cocktail is ok to have? It my fav!

Hazel :D :?

• Posted

hi hazel,take some salad in a bowl to work or make some lowfat sandwiches,soup,beans on toast that kinda thing,though appreciate beans on toast isnt suitable for you at work. i usually have a sandwich or soup maybe lowfat yoghurt the thing is trying not to get bored which canbe hard!i have a fruit salad i make and put in a bowl too and u can buy them from supermarkets too.I could do with finding some new recipes myself.....im bored lol.x
  • Posted

Thanks again.... Im off 2 supermarket just now to get prepared!

I will let you know how I get on!

Im bored even thinkin about it but I have to do it!

Hazel x :D

• Posted

Hi Hazel,

U could try the British Heart Foundation Booklet \"So You Want To Lose Weight For Good\" You'll find it on their website. I highly recommend it as it's really simple to follow and allows you to eat anything, so long as it's in moderation :!: That said, you will have to tweek it a bit to make it fit with the Orlistat.

Give it a go! After all you've got nothing to lose but weight :!:

Good Luck and let us know how u get on.

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi ther eand welcome

I agree with Kal the BHF booklet is super - really helpful advice especially about portion sizes

As for prawn cocktail as long as you check the fat content and have it with plain salad not avocado (big mistake - the voice of experience here!) you should be OK. I really hate the lower fat one so have a small ammount of regular with salad and don't tend to react I have about 1/3 of a pot so the treat lasts for lunch about 3 days!

Good luck

Laups

• Posted

Sorry to sound stupid but roughly what percentage of fat in each meal is ok?
  • Posted

hi and welcome Hazel..... smile

No more than 15g of fat per meal.

• Posted

Hi & welcome,

I bring a snack bag to work - chopped carrots and celery or whatever you are into that's helathly that you can munch on through the morning.

Also save a banana for mid morning, always have breakfast - usually porridge as it long lasting in the stomach.

Good luck

Jane

• Posted

Hello everyone

I have been on the tablets now for 4 days and things are ok... Just had a blinder of a headache over the last few days.

I have been sticking to salads and have only had to go toilet in a rush once!

thanks for your help... trying the carrott battons today at work!

• Posted

Remember to drink lots of water it really helps the headaches

Laups

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.