Newbie pondering for advie please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, I new to the site.

I am a male, 35 with diabetes and kidney failure (plus others) who is well overweight at 112kg.

I started Orlistat a few months ago, started on 60mg and went fine so tried the 120mg but was having many disasters after a few weeks, , so I stopped. My doctors asked for a photo food diary , so I did, and what I thpught was healthly for the tablets wasn't and I got told off, so I'm back on the 60mg until I get my diet sorted.

I need to lose weoght for a transplant, as had a call for one, on New Years Day, but didnt happen due to 4 different factors, one being weight. At the time i weighed 118kg and excercise was hard, I was suffering with low blood pressure and had a cast on my leg. SInce I got that off, I have started the excerise, and joined the gym  2 months back so I could do Cardio workouts, just this week I pedalled 62 km, but  can only go 3 times a week as not able to on dialysis days, they make me bad.

In the 2 months I been at the gym and on tablets I have gone from 116kg to 112kg, happy, but not extastic.

My diet  is restricted as on a 750ml a day fluid allowance and low sugar , salt, as well, plus now the fat.

I wondered if what im doing seems ok as a meal plan, as I have read the forum and seen the fat rule to follow of 5g/15g/30g

Breakfast - Porridge with shimmed milk and a Yakult light

Dinner - Salad containing lettuce, tomato, cucumer, celery, onion, grapes melon, pineapple, apple, cooked meats (2 slices of ham anmd chicken) with a balsamic glaze and fat free herb dressing.  Weight Watchers Cake Slice

Tea - Meat/fish (atm turkey/Chicken/cod) veg (from mushroom/onion/courgettes/peas/sweetcorn/carrot) and a carb, (new potatoes/pasta/rice) with stwed fruit for dessert

What do you think, is there any other meats I can include, and has anyone had breaded cod

I know its long but please help if possiable, I really want a transplant so I can get my life together.

Mark

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Morning Mark,

im im due to start mine on Tuesday as m working from home incase of any accidents. I've got 5 stone to lose. 

Can't give you much advice, but spent hours on here last night reading other peoples post, and great info on here. I did go to xenical main website and if you click on weight loss resourses link on the side, then it takes you to another page, there are sample menu's according to your calorie intake, found that quite helpful as I don't want to spend my next 6 months  having accidents. Your foid intake seems accurate. 

I really need to lose this weight it's bordering on depression being so over weight. I'm going to keep clicking in here for support, seems like a great forum. Maybe we can support each other at times? 

Good luck with the programme, you seem to be doing really well. 

• Posted

Hi Mark.

I started the tablets (120mg) on Thursday after a long hard 6 months dieting with no success - i have 6/7 stone to loose.

So far i have no mishaps, i have been using my fitness pal app on my iphone ensuring i stick to my 1200 calorie limit set by doctor but also that i keep under 30% fat for the day.

So far enjoying it and feeling positive, also like yourself have bgntoup the exercie in the hope of better results. will be first weigh in onThursday so wil update yu on my sucess hopefully.

• Posted

Hi Mark. Hang in there. We are all rooting for you. I am in Canada and have been on insulin for 23 years. I have been on Orlistat for three months and have lost 9 pounds.

The only advice I can suggest is Watch your portion size. This is very hard but it is a must

Good luck brother and all the best.

• Posted

sainsburys do breaded cod in the freezer aisle i think its 3g fat per piece

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.