Newbie question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

After reading (and laughing out loud) at Ruths account of the 1st effects of the orange oil- I have now had my own!!!! :?

It has taken 5 DAYS to take effect - after not changing my diet at all - but I am now wondering how long it will last for????

It is quite bad today and am wondering if I should eat less fat to stop it or will just get less as my body gets used to the tablets??

Sorry to ask what maybe obvious questions to some people.

Thanks in anticipation

Jane x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'd have to say eat less fat to stop it,

after 3 months (nearly 4) my body hasn't got used the tablets, if I eat too much fat I certainly know about it :oops:

• Posted

I stupidly had a roast with pork crackling (I know, pure fat!) and roast potatoes done in lots of oil on Sunday and had my 1st Orange Oil on Monday.

I had a bit on Tuesday but then am clear today so I reckon if you get your fat down tot he correct levels then it should clear up pretty quick

• Posted

Hi

I have just been prescribed these tablets today - a bit scared but need to lose 4 stone!

I have tried all the usual WW etc. no use - my doctor has been very understanding and prescribed these, although I didn ask for them. Was expecting the usual ' go away, exercise and starve' advice. But this time must have been the one that cause the alarm bells to ring.

I am really scared of these tablets and not quite sure what to expect. Obviously fish and chips are out of the question. but any advice on where to find recipes etc.

sorry to sound naiive but i am really a bit worried although determined that this time is the last chance - I am 55 with problems gathering speed.

HELP

Lyn

• Posted

if you ring the MAP helpline (Run by Roche who make Orlistat), they will give you lots of good advice.

The Tel. No. is[b:7115f5d519]

08007317138[/b:7115f5d519]

I eat low fat meals, no more than 12-15g fat per meal, you end up reading every tin/ packet you get your hands on!

I haven't had any nasty side effects so far and I've been taking them for 7 weeks. My doc advised eating low fat before starting the tablets, and building up the dose gradually, but everyone's different.

I found MAP a real lifeline, and this forum is just great too!

Good Luck

:lol: Gill

xxx

• Posted

Thank you all for the rapid responses - its great to know we all have these similar questions.......

I have been fine since about 3pm so just had pasta and swwetcorn for tea and feel fine now alot less gassy etc!! and no oil!!!

Thanks to you all again

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.