Newbie to Hashi's & Trying Tirosint - Dizziness??

Posted , 2 users are following.

To All, I just started Tirosint 13 mcg about 2 weeks ago.  I felt around the 10-13 day mark that it was helping me with my Hashi's symptoms (the worst being brain fog/wooziness, frequent hunger and joint pain).  However last night on day 14 I had a very bad bout of vertigo.  I had to lay down it was so bad!  Today seems ok although I am foggy and jittery to a certain extent.

Has anyone gone through this with thyroid meds?  I am terrified I am going to have one of these episodes in public!  My endo doesn't seem to think at this low of a dosage that the Tirosint could have caused the episode but I cannot think of anything new I did yesterday.

Thanks to all,

Rose

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun , I also am on 25mg of Tirosent I have the hunger and yes the virtigo sometimes but it's getting better.. I been on it for a month in a half now so I guess the body has to get used to it..

• Posted

Hi Katherine, thank you so much for the reply! Did you experience hunger and dizziness or even lightheadedness before starting tirosint? Personally I have some lightheadedness and also extreme hunger, so I guess they are part of my "symptom set" of hypothyroidism.

Also I've developed night sweats now, totally hoping this is a temporary phase.

The extreme vertigo that happened and caused me to post about it has not happened again luckily!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.