Newly diagnosed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just bee diagnosed with underactive thyroid any hints n tips would b helpful.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Take the medication. Get blood test every 4-6 months. Get the results from your doctor and keep  a record. Ask your doctor if you Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Many do. If you do, going gluten free may help.

What are your symptoms? How were you diagnosed?

Google the TSH test.

• Posted

This is my 3rd attempt to answer you. Please get all your results keep a file. Let us know what your baseline results were and present results. The more info we get.the easier it is to answer you. Get B12 MMA test and serum Folate, Vit D test, serum ferritin and iron. Have. metabolic panel . Get a homocysteine test..

very important . Look through othet discussions to get.tips about nutrients....I'm too tired repeating myself and my clip and paste doesn't perform well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.