Newly diagnosed Graves Disease..Need Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am looking for some help as to what foods and vitamins are really needed to help with Graves symptoms. I have read and heard SO many things but I figured what better place to go but right here with others that have Grave's. I currently take women's multi Centrum, iron, b-12, vitamin d, and magnesium. Should I be adding to this? Also, is gluten free, organic the way to go? What should I avoid, what foods are best for thyroid? I am brand new new to this Disease and I am so overwhelmed!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

IMO, GD is caused by the autoimmune disorder. So other than those well-known supplements including ALC or LC, for dietary needs AIP (autoimmune diet protocol) is the way to follow. AIP details can be searched online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.