newly diagnosed with parkinsons

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

I have just recently been diagnosed with PD and have been given Madopar 62.5mg 3 times daily to be increased to 2 rablets 3 times daily after 2 weeks I have only been taking them 4 days and am experiencing severe palpitations is this normal? I have had Paroximal atrial fibrilation for some years and havent had an attack for sometime until I started the new meds.

any fedback would be appreciated.

Linda.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda I to was given Madopar 100mg and was advised to take them four time a day along with 1mg Rasagiline. After taking Madopar for two weeks I was spending most of the day sleeping and not with it at all. My husband said we should try to reduce the consumption of this pill, I now don't take it all and feel a lot better!! Wish you good health and hope you feel better in the future.

• Posted

Hi Kartingmuir,

Thank you for replying and your kind wishes, the Consultant has stopped the meds because apart from severe palpiations I was experiencing dreadful itching all over and he says I am obviously not tolerating them, but can't start me on anything different for month as Madopar stays in the system a long time.

So are you only taking Rasagiline I haven't heard of that.

L x

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Well let’s hope they find a medication that will agree with you and make life a lot more bearable for you. Yes I am only taking Rasagiline which I have been on for several years but only find balance a problem. Regards Jill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.