News Years Resolution!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys!

I've decided to try these tablets because I've tried every type of weight loss. I went to Weight Watchers, lost some weight, then one week put on 7lb neutral, I've tried Hoodia, Apidexin, and some other tablets I'm not sure what they're called) and the Cambridge diet (which is about £40 a week, and just milkshakes and soups. I lost weight with it, but it was so expensive to do!) obviously all at different times.

I'm 18 and I weigh about 17stone. A lot of people say I don't look bad, and I've never told anyone my true weight for years. I always lie about it and say I'm about 14stone haha, however, I look back at pictures of me from when I was 14, 15, and 16, and back in those days I used to be into drugs and whatnot, so I was quite skinny back then, but I think of the things I used to wear, and how I'd go out in short skirts and not care. I've been clean now for about 2 years and I'm quite proud of myself, but when I stopped the drugs I didn't realise how quickly i started eating lots again, and got the stretch marks to prove it! I moved away last year as well with a job I had, and I was depressed so i just ate and ate, then I came back home and went to college, partied hard, drank alot (which isn't exactly healthy!) and ended up breaking my ankle, which left me even more depressed, and I was housebound as well so the only thing I could do was eat more and more and more.

I didn't really think much of until i seen pictures of myself. I'm too self conscious to get a boyfriend, I'm great at meeting new people, but the thought isn't \"I wonder what they think of my personality\" it's \"I wonder how fat they think I look\". I know guys who like me, but i push them away because I'm just not confident enough and I don't believe I could love someone unless I love myself. Loosing the weight isn't to get a boyfriend, but it's to feel good about myself, and if i get chatted up I don't want to be thinking \"oh my god!\" or worrying about how many chins I have in a picture or how horrible I look. I want to be proud of myself and walk into a room full of people and smile, instead of hanging my head. I want to become a holiday rep this year and I don't want to be going around like a lump of lard, covered up all summer, I want to be happy, and not be a \"jolly fat girl with a heart of gold\" but I want to be a \"slim happy confident girl, with a heart of gold\" haha

Sorry about the paragraph there, but I've just been really down about it, and I'm getting the tablets within the next week hopefully, and I'm just scared about the side effects for a start (with the orange poo sad haha ) but right now I'd do anything to loose the weight! so I'll keep people updated once I get the tablets, and I promise I won't write anymore life stories! haha

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rosie it was lovely to read your story. I can totally relate to what you are saying. I am 22 and being so overweight I feel like I'm missing out on the things people my age do! I want to be ablet o go out in short skirts and feel fabulous. I have a lovely boyfriend who is great but I do push him away sometimes, mainly because I feel he deserves better than goin out with a \"fat bird\" I started the tablets a few weeks ago and haven't told him as I want to sort suprise him by losing the weight (if that makes sense) I fell off the wagon at christmas but my 1st weigh in is not for a couple of weeks. I have found if I do stick to the 15g of fat per meal the side effects aren't too bad. I managed to get through a couple of weeks without any1 noticing I'm on them so must be doing something right.

Hang in there and I'm sure you will be fine. This forum is great, really helps to keep you going. Let me know how you are getting on.x

• Posted

Just wanted to wish both of you the best of luck, you really deserve to lose weight and have your dreams come true.

Gill

xxx

• Posted

hey rosie

i really hope the pills do their stuff for you! we're all here to give you support (as we do with each other) and i know for myself this forum has been amazing to spur me on.

all the best

Pen x

• Posted

Wow, that is some life for an 18 year old

I think overweight people tend as a whole to lack self confidence / esteem and as such we can all appreciate what you are feeling

The pills do work with a low fat diet - i have only been on a short time but it is the most effective loss I have had ever and even after a glitch over Xmas I am confident that these will help me lose 2 1/2 stone by June

Motivation is the key, you need to believe you can do it but at them times when you start to waver come on here

Best of luck Rosie

• Posted

Rosie I think a lot of people on this forum can relate to what your saying. Its great that your tackling your weight issue now at 18 rather than leaving it till your 28 like me. If you can get through all you have in the last few years then you must have determination...and I'm so you will do great.

Keep reading this site as you will receive loads of encouragement. Good luck and keep us posted.

Kazz. x x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.