Nexium............

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I cannot rate Nexium highly enough but my goodness I am getting some terrible head aches.  I rarely get a bad head but these almost wipe me out they are so painful.  Don't know which is more debilitating, reflux or head ache.............. Anyone else experience this? 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy I know how you feel just this morning I went back to the doctor, had constant head aches,constant dizziness and constant weakness I cannot stand up for to long and at nights my chest does tighten up and it does be difficult to breathe, along with the medication for my refluxe which is Omeprazole 40mg twice daily,Metoclopramide 10mg three times daily,Nasasone MF 50mg 2 puffs into each nostril once a day,Apo-Loratadine 10mg once daily,Cinnaron 75mg twice daily and to top it off I am also taking Micardis Plus 80mg/12.5mg once daily for my blood pressure, everyday I does feel like I am dying, I live on the small Island of Barbados in the West Indies ,I wish was living in the UK so I would be able to take advantage of the high end medication available over there
    • Posted

Oh dear Michael and here's me moaning. Has your doctor changed things for you today? We can't do without certain meds but the side effects often lead to other problems. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks hope you feel better soon also, I have to fast tonight have to get bloods done on Thursday mining, have not eaten for the evening as yet and I have my meds to take,I hope tonight will be a better night for both you and i
  • Posted

I was on Nexium 40 mg rx dont recall a headache, r u surwe its that  causing it?
    • Posted

I think it is? I had shingles a couple of weeks ago and had gastroscopy 8 days ago. I've ruled out stress etc and Nexium is the only change I can pin point?

• Posted

Hi Michael    No i did not experience that at all.....check with your gastro dr and do tests, dont second guess it....because there is no need to suffer.  I did for years because i was afraid to do the surgery....best thing i ever did and now i have my life back and eat everything ...never have to take a acid pill again....wish i did it when i was young...check it out...liz
  • Posted

I used to use nexium, but it became too expensive. My doctor about 5 years ago changed over to Omeprazole Magnesium @ 26.6 mgs x 2 at night and one capsule in the morning. This is an over the counter medication, made by the same company. Also I use seldomly Sucralfate tablets 1 gram tablets up to 4 times a day. If needed I jjust take two at night. They are fast disolving so I breake the tablets in half
    • Posted

Joe   On Dr Oz I he talked about a discount rx program  and it is much less expensive going through   Blink Health    you forward your rx and then pay for it....they give you the receipt for their cost and go to your local pharmacy to pick up your rx.....go to the site and put your rx in and compare pricing.....i hear its wonderful 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up