Niggling pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi anyone get these pains in the chest and tummy just horrible feeling when I have them..I don't if it's nerves doing it but ain't nice or stinging pains something on that score.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI mariah

I’m suffering severe joint and muscle pain right now

Literally everywhere 

I’ve been in peri ten years

I now worry I have fibromyalgia as my mum has it

I’m getting the same symptoms 

Honestly I don’t think I can take much more on top of everything else

I’m a carer and can’t even manage to bend down right now 

Anyone else get or had this

I’m praying it is meno and not fibromyalgia x

• Posted

Hi Maria, joint and muscle pain are defo symptoms of Meno. Don’t start imagining you have other conditions because you’ll just make things worse for yourself. I have M.E which I was in remission of for years and the hormone imbalance has flared it up again

I believe ME and fibromyalgia to be mind body symptoms and are created in the brain when we are suffering too much emotion or physical stress and we all know the stress the Meno can put on our nervous system and adrenal glands

You have two choices here, just go with whatever symptoms come and don’t panic they will subside or you can let them overwhelm you and they will become much worse. I’m speaking from personal experience and know what helps me

Sit down and think what it is in your life that’s troubling you and frightening you and then change the way you think. Always notice your thoughts and if they’re negative change them straight away, you’ll soon feel the benefit of doing this

Hope this can help you in some way

Merry Christmas to you 😘

• Posted

Bendababy

Sooo very true

Wise words

I also know a lot about ME as my daughter suffers with it also and has done for many years

Totally agree on changing your thinking 

My job is causing me a great deal of stress and I have now decided I am going to take next week off

I’ve worked all over the Christmas I’m a community carer

I knew pains are menopause but I didn’t realise they could be as debilitating as what I’ve been having 

But like you say have to just give it time to pass x

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I think I replied to Maria but meant to send it to you

I’m sure we’ll get past this time of our lives and come out the other side stronger

It must be difficult for you trying to care for clients when your in so much pain but I’m sure it will pass if you try and not focus on your symptoms

Always remember that symptoms are only sensations, your body’s way of getting your attention 

I hope this helps and know your stronger than you think

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi brendababy, sorry to butt  in but i agree with you, i have had anxiety for a couple of years since periods started going strange and yes i have worried about it lots and it makes it worse.  I have recently discovered mindfulness which,  is a way of focusing on your breath and let everything else happen but without giving it much thought like pains etc. It is hard to have a positive out look and needs a lot of effort when  the negative thoughts are around as they can overwhelm us. We need to do this though for our sanity  xx
  • Posted

U r nt alone i am in d same position nw wondering wen an if am gonna fall. The tinglings an spasms r worst. Do take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.