Night anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm just wondering if anyone else gets most of their panic attacks at night, or waking up and having one. And if maybe anyone has tips for it. I've suffered from depression and anxiety for 15 years. I have my own coping mechanisms, but in the last year it's gotten worse.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey honey, I have" Gad ". They can strike at anytime. Panic attacks wake me up sometimes. I open my eyes and its the old, familiar, heart going ten to dozen. I'm wide awake now. I have to get up, 4am, 5am usually stupid o'clock!if a sabretooth tiger, or a person broke into your house, your adrenaline kick in. It's about survival. But then the tiger breaks down in tears and tells you he wants to stay on the straight and narrow and not live a life of crime. Hes not a threat now. Phew! Relief. Your body calms down. Your hand is on your chest, you turn to your partner and say "God, my hearts going and your partner says the same. But that's it! That's all you say about it. When you think back to the situation, you'll remember the tiger more than the way you felt. You may say you were really scared but you won't say" I hope I don't feel that way again. Sorry, for my tedious waffling. I think when you can allocatime your fear to something, it's not an issue. When you feel fear and panic and there's no threat. What then? What are we suppose to do with all that adrenalin? - beats honey. How do you cope with yours, any tips appreciated. Donna xxx

• Posted

I do! I have them so bad now im barely getting any sleep. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind or die.

• Posted

HI ;i have suffered from anxiety for 13 years but in the past 6 months it's got very bad at night keep waking up I used to be able to get a good night's sleep but it's now disturbing my sleep .what symptoms do you experience

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.