Night Sweat?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I woke up this morning feeling giddy and it stayed with me for just over an hour.  I also noticed that I was very hot and am wondering if the giddiness was a result of over heating.  Could this have been a night sweat?

Anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's quite possible.

We are all different, so my sweats just make me heat up real quick, and I have to peel off some clothes until the feeling passes.

But the giddiness may be an added thing for you.

• Posted

Hi there,

Yes, I have experienced this feeling many times, although it seems to have tapered off in recent years. Try to relax, breathe deeply - try not to stress as that makes it worse. Hope you get through this phase soon - not very pleasant that's for sure!

Margot x

• Posted

I don't know because I am on prempro for hot flashes. When I had them I didn't feel giddy at all, more like wished I was dead so I could escape the misery. The closest thing I ever experienced to giddy before prempro would be heart palpatations. 
  • Posted

I get night sweats and giddiness but my giddiness is random can strike anytime of the day, whilst I'm shopping, cooking, watching television 😔 I have to really try and not freak out as find it quite scary.
    • Posted

Does your giddiness ever occur with the night sweats or just during the day?
    • Posted

Sometimes I get giddy and then I get hot but wonder if I'm getting anxious and that's what makes me heat up! Doctor wasn't concerned when I asked her apart from checking my ears.
  • Posted

It could have been night sweats or if your blood pressure is up and your heart rate is racing that can make you sweat and feel anxious 

• Posted

Hi hun yes i get giddiness with hot flushes and night sweats bit like you stood up to fast other times not as bad but soon passes as i cool down again ,had hystorectomy 3 mth ago so thrown in the deep end but not on HRT just trying to find my way as naturaly as i can but would have it if i find it all gets to much smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.