Night sweats! Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. 

So my story is last week I had unprotected sex with a guy I have slept with once before. The following day I developed a fever, the day after that I became sore and started burning while urinating. I had all the symptoms. Nausea, chills, headaches etc.  It took about 3 days for me to finally be seen after been turned down by a couple clinics which were full capacity. When I finally got seen I got checked and the nurse immediately knew it was herpes. I'm unsure what type it is I'm waiting for results.

Anyway... a couple of hours ago. Around 2am I randomly woke up and was dripping in sweat. It has since made me anxious and I'm scared that it could be linked to a more serious condition. I'm taking tablets for the herpes and night sweats is not one of the symptoms. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had night sweats during my last break out- in fact I was almost delirious with the temp and my joints felt on fire. 

I’ve read that it is a symptoms of HSV so please don’t worry yourself x

• Posted

Hi Sally thanks for that

I've had a night sweat once and that was the night I got diagnosed I was thinking maybe it's my anxiety, but also now I am having tingling in my feet and numbess in my fingers. It's freaking me out. Did you by any chance experience this??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.