Night time depression

Posted , 9 users are following.

So as soon as it starts getting dark... boom depression kicks in.. can't stop thinking about death tonight.. why sad does anyone else get like this? Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

maybe leaving a lamp on might help ...
    • Posted

I'm watching a funny film to try and laugh. . Am normally fine when I'm with the bf but he's out tonight sad so got to keep busy 
    • Posted

that cn b seen as a good thing too as ul be exposed t ur fear and possibly overcome it so hang in ther
  • Posted

Yes leave a light on and watch a comical show or listen to some mediation on you tube. ❌❌
  • Posted

I had the same problem when my anxiety first started. It will get better. I still feel that way once in a while. I use keep the tv on all night. Till after a while I couldn't sleep with noise. It's been 4 months since I started anxiety. 
  • Posted

Now getting dark earlier it is understandable.  I am always alone at night, live alone.  My depression always worse in the morning.

You may have SAD.  I have read a light box helps.  Being alone makes me anxious and depressed and I think that is what is causing you problems.  

• Posted

My anxiety and depression is always heightened in the morning, anyon can help on why this occurs?
  • Posted

Thanks guys.. i do get scared of been alone so couldn't imagine living on my own would be horrendous 

.. I've been looking at sad lights think I may need to save for one of these.. there's so much out there that can help just got no money for it! Nightmare!! Xxx 

• Posted

You look beautiful on that profile pic Em.

We all have thoughts that won't leave us alone and cause anxiety.

They fade in time. As the weeks go by and your depression lifts and anxiety eases,the thoughts will become less.

It's lovely that you feel more secure when your boyfriend is around but it's also good for you,them times you are left alone..Like little tests where at the end of them you can think "yeh I did that"!!!

Your gonna be ok chick. If them thoughts come,just relax with them. They are just thoughts. They can do no harm. 

We are here for you xx

• Posted

Its all about your thinking.....spend time with your friends watch comedy movies...try to change your mindset..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.