Nitro Ninja Pro blender/mixer

Posted , 5 users are following.

Santa brought me this great gift! My question is can I use berries and such if I'm sure it mixed to the nth degree? Or will I be back in the fetal position drinking only liquids?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some people are not effected by berries etc.

the reason we don't eat them is the pips in case they get stuck in the pockets. 

It is  a very general rule so it's suck it and see

• Posted

Julie is right...only way is process of elimination.

I got to the point that I had to avoid pips, seeds, beans and skins on potatoes, tomatoes etc. Red meat has been a no-no for me for ages.  Fish or white meat the best and loads of fluid. I find small meals that are not dry and have lots of liquid or moisture within them or soups the best.  Gets boring sometimes but better that having a nasty attack.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon

• Posted

I would avoid seeds; nuts; pips and skins AT ALL COSTS.  The bits are still there even when blended and can lodge in a pouch and fester til an infection starts up....no food or drink or flavour is worth that sort of pain.

• Posted

I find that blending berries such as raspberries or blackberries just chops up the pips into smaller bits. I then put the mixture through a sieve. This is tedious and does not eliminate every thing as the tiniest fragments of pip get through but the result is a nice fruit sauce that can be mixed with yoghurt or actimel. Often I feel the fragments and don't swallow them but it is not a 100% elimination.
  • Posted

Thank you! It just isn't worth it to me at this point. Maybe I'll forget how bad the pain is or become brave/stupid and try a little at a time. Thanks for your help. Have a Great New Year!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.