No answers at hospital heart jumping

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday I woke up unable to breathe and felt numb my eyes was blurry my heart rate was 144 bpm I went to hospital later in the day to find my heart rate was going from 120 straight to 140 straight to 179 ect and it would just keep jumping around especially when I stood up my blood pressure would rise too they did bloods and everything came back normal so they was confused as to why my heart was doing this odd stand up my bp would go to like 156/90 I'd sit my bp would go to 117/80 ect

After having bloods come back normal and been told it's sinus tachycardia my ecgs where saying abnormal but they would check them and it would look ok to them they rang the head of something and even they was confused and they all had a little giggle on the phone as it didn't add up that everything was OK my temp was up but no signs of infection anywhere ...

I got discharged last night but obviously been checking on my phone I'm a hypercondria I'm going to do that and it's still jumping but at the minute not as high as it was jumping yesterday ....

I can't stop crying because I have constant burning in my chest asif I'm scared like anxiety but I'm not even anxious yesterday when I went to hospital I was sat laughing with my mum felt palps checked my heart rate it was 144 that's when I realised I needed hospital anyone know what it could be ?? Surely anxiety can't make your heart rate jump in was always told that a arrhythmia I'm now scared to stand or move or anything

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ok it could be...im not a doctor,the only thing i can think of is a neighbor had this type of thing is afib. However u would think a hospital if that were the case would have found that. Unless they are complete idiots. Sometimes I just think our hearts electrical system just gets kind of off,most likely from anxiety. Perhaps you were anxious about something and you werent even aware of it,maybe like a subconscious thing. Are you ok now?
    • Posted

No not ok now I constantly have the burning feeling asif it's anxiety in my chest and arms if I'm sat down my heart rate goes low and then it still jumps to another number instead of going up steadily .

I didn't get any answers but they did two ecgs both abnormal they said on them but doctors said they was nothing to be concerned about on them ...

One nurse turned and said you know anxiety can do this don't you but I don't think it can I know my heart rate goes up steadily not like it is during panic also I don't have the typical panic symtoms I am anxiouse don't get me wrong they said I need a holter but how can I even stand up when I know my hr will shoot to all highs ?? X

• Posted

Dont keep taking your heart rate,you are probably making it go up by checking it all the timeXx
  • Posted

I agree with Lee....if you keep taking it you will just get more anxiety... Keep following up with your doctor or get a second opinion. Read some more info on anxiety when you r in a calmer time. More education on it may help assauge some questions and concerns. Like if it's anxiety. As i ve progressed through anxiety and panic attacks I found it comes in different forms and levels of severity ....still have a hard time believing some of my experiences are anxiety but in the end it is what it is and palpitations and heart skipping beats or a feeling of stopping is something I've experienced all the time and I have had every test ..some twice on my heart and it is normal. This Ax and PA are very mind boggling ... Keep researching and talking to your Dr.

God bless

• Posted

The only thing they said was sinus tachycardia but I don't know I kept mentioning cardiopathy but noone seemed bothered I've just had a baby so it makes sense....

It's frustrating because obviously I have my children to look after and I'm too scared to stand up knowing my heart is going so high it's always beating so hard too like you can see my body pulsing 😣 I'm scared it'll just give up x

• Posted

It won't! Trust me, I'm a nurse and midwife. PLEASE PM me, Steph.
    • Posted

Hang on a minute! Hoe does just having had a baby have any connection whatsoever with cardiomyopathy? It DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

You can't go on like this, Steph. PM me, please. I really want to help.

• Posted

Hey Stephx,

Looking through the comments you got a lot of good stuff here. Writing on here is so limiting because there is a lot we all want to get across to soothe you. With children it's tough because you are dealing with the unsureness of what's going on with your body and mind plus you have those precious souls to take care of. Me too. I have a 8yr old. When I'm out and about those fear of what is going on with me intrude and sometimes triggers my anxiety and the more you think on it the more it starts to accelerate the anxiety and symptoms start arriving. Heart beats hard, palatations skipping beats, dizzy, swimming faces, breathing out of control, am I dying?, what to about my son?, I'm in this store and feel like I'm going out...I'm a big damn woman, 6'2, considerably built lol, if I go down it no good... But Stephx I have yet to go down. Since this started Ax and PA I have educated my self by Google and reading up. All different stuff. From web MD to forums... Knowledge is power. I take meds but I know these are to assist I need to make myself understand more of

• Posted

Sorry lol sent before done....

I make myself understand so I can pull myself thru if on my own. Like pre plan if I go to the store ifvi feel something coming on what can I do? Exit and car. Wish I could give more examples. It really sounds as if you are experiencing anxiety and PA. Not a DR. But your symptoms sound like it. Like all US here. I thought I had a possible brain tumor when it was just another symptom of anxiety. I read that when you sometimes mentally accept that oh this is anxiety your mind and body will center on another part of the body.

have you ever tried therapy? It's been helping me sooooo much. Never thought i would need it and It took me a moment to find someone I was comfortable with but since I have so much better. I see my beginning in you right now. You will get thru this and it will get better. I know easier said then done but I was sceptical too. 'When will this end' thoughts rush in your head ...still do honestly...

Oh did you ask your Dr about postpartum depression Stephx?

4Tess33005, is this something that could be a part of her anxiety?

• Posted

Yes, it could. However, Steph has had severe anxiety for a long time. I agree that therapy is the way forward.

Very good to read about your experiences, Mary. I hope that Steph will find some help and comfort from them. XX Tess

• Posted

I've got cbt soon my health visitor has just refferd me to a mental health team too as I have depression again my heart rate is still doing it even sat down one minute it will be 90 the next it's 66 ect 😓 I can't stand without been breathless I just feel like my life isn't really I know what panic attacks are like this is not it is can be sat relaxed still my hearts jumoing to one extreme to the other xx
    • Posted

Stephx, you do what you must for reassurance. You need to know. I understand. We can say what we want to help but you need to know. I so did the same. My heart did all that. Even when I showered I would get out lightheaded and needed to rest or nap. I felt best laying down. When I stood or did general movement my heart would palatate, skip, clenchbup like it stopped and start again. It would feel laborious, exhausting really. Could do much with anyone, anything, didn't want to even shower as not to disturb my body into a problem or God forbid the full out panic attack where i really felt i was dying. Now let me tell you what the test I've done hense...I stayed 2 days in hospital for some of these test convinced i had a heart attack or something was bad wrong with it. After i had further test just as follow ups from a cardiologiest who wanted to be thorough. Syress test on heart, extensive heart ultrasound, ekgs a plenty, chest xray, CT scan of upper body, 2 CT scan of my head, with in the year 2 halter heart monitors to wear. 1 for 2 days and another 24hrs. My dr made sure every test was done to make sure since I was sure something was wrong and heart disease ran in my family. All those test, of which I am thankful, came back that I have a normal healthy heart. For a 37 yr old diabetic, high blood pressure since 19 woman. All that helped me to understand that it was anxiety. The fight or flight triggering off, my mind was tricking my body into inappropriate responses to everyday life events. I also understand I was reacting to each feeling and over thinking what was wrong with me. I am still having anxiety and panic attacks but I know now that my mind is reacting I need to find out why my mind is chemically not balanced to handle it. If I feel it coming on I start engaging in a activity like TV , talking to someone even as i feel it. I've been able to curb some of the anxiety and PA. My therapist gave me a tip to focus in the moment. Meaning concentrate on an object a describe it in your head or out loud. Feel it and just focus on it.went to friends house which is something for me because I avoid events... I had a PA of course😕heart beating so hard my chest hurt, couldn't breath, ears ringing etc..but I was able to manage it down by focusing on her damn big fish in the tank and told her to talk to me about anything. It worked. It came down. What I feared happened but I was able to get the marbles back in the bag. I felt fatigue for the rest of the night but so. I was out and making my life happen again. Some normalcy.

I know this was long but I just want to give a different view. Go to the doctor. Get your test. It was only after I got mine did I accept that it was anxiety. But then again Steph it could be something other Dr's have missed. I don't want either for you but If it is anything I lean towards anxiety. Sending you virtual hug of strength Steph. Some reason I'm invested in you girly. Of all these stories on this for forum.. Hope all goes well with the Dr.

🌹

• Posted

Steph, my love, anxiety can certainly make your heart beat faster. And your heart rate and blood pressure change all the time because everybody's does.

The burning in your chest has been checked at the hospital. They didn't find anything wrong. So that's another symptom of anxiety and panic attacks.

If your temperature was up, your pulse rate willl always increase - that happens to everybody with a temperature.

I asked you about your baby yesterday but you didn't mention any problems there.However, I'd still like to know how old the baby is and what kind of labour you had. Have you always been this worried about your health? Is your husband supportive? (Have you even GOT a husband?)

Standing and lying BPs are routinely done at hospitals. The two results are never the same because it's physiologically impossible.

If you're too scared to stand or move who's looking after the baby?

Sinus tachycardia just means 'normal fast heart rate'.

I'm worried about you. Not because I think there's anything wrong with your heart but because you're paying so much attention to it even when told that everything is normal.

Don't sit and cry all day. And please will you try to stop checking your heart rate and blood pressure! It's only making you more anxious. Go and see your GP again and explain this terror you have, and ask for something to calm you down.

Sorry to keep harping about your baby, but I just think there's a connection somewhere with this pregnancy, labour and birth and your anxiety.

Could you PM me? I would so much like to help you.

Much love, Tess.

• Posted

I wouldn't be to worried about it. I have the same thing and if you look on here alot of people suffer from this. Thinking it's your heart and stuff. It's anxiety. I suffer from alot of chest pain and heart palpitations. My left arm always gets number and my shoulders always hurt. I don't pay attention to it anymore because it just makes it worseasy by doing so. I stopped doing things because of it. I soon found out by stopping my life and paying more attention to it makes it worse. So I started going out more. Forcing myself to get up and do soemthing. It has worked. My BPM was at 130 once and my BP was a tad high. All Cuz of anxiety. I went to a cardiologist and found nothing as well. It gets better over time. I would go to your PCP and if you want for more assurance, a cardiologist. But even though if they tell you everything is fine it won't help much. Because our brains are always on alert. Looking for new symptoms or thinking oh no my heart. But over time you will get better.
    • Posted

It's still doing it now it's not stopping my heart will be 65 one minute and 90 the next when I stand it goes anywhere from 105-159 ect I wish I could say it's just anxiety but I really don't think it is xx
    • Posted

Well, I really DO think it is anxiety.

For goodness sake, don't waste your money by going to a private doctor. If you've got any spare money, donate it to charity.

Have you chucked out your BP machine and phone yet\|?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.