No answers at hospital heart jumping

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday I woke up unable to breathe and felt numb my eyes was blurry my heart rate was 144 bpm I went to hospital later in the day to find my heart rate was going from 120 straight to 140 straight to 179 ect and it would just keep jumping around especially when I stood up my blood pressure would rise too they did bloods and everything came back normal so they was confused as to why my heart was doing this odd stand up my bp would go to like 156/90 I'd sit my bp would go to 117/80 ect

After having bloods come back normal and been told it's sinus tachycardia my ecgs where saying abnormal but they would check them and it would look ok to them they rang the head of something and even they was confused and they all had a little giggle on the phone as it didn't add up that everything was OK my temp was up but no signs of infection anywhere ...

I got discharged last night but obviously been checking on my phone I'm a hypercondria I'm going to do that and it's still jumping but at the minute not as high as it was jumping yesterday ....

I can't stop crying because I have constant burning in my chest asif I'm scared like anxiety but I'm not even anxious yesterday when I went to hospital I was sat laughing with my mum felt palps checked my heart rate it was 144 that's when I realised I needed hospital anyone know what it could be ?? Surely anxiety can't make your heart rate jump in was always told that a arrhythmia I'm now scared to stand or move or anything

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi hon hope you are better. My bp used to go sky high at the doctors white coat syndrome,anyway,i got a home bp kit,guess what?I was so scared my blood pressure was high that when at home it would go up. Some how i made myself relax,guess what again,normal bp. My point is,you can actually caus these symptoms by hyper focusing on them,that goes for bp and heart rate. When I was younger sonetimes my heart rate would shoot through the roof,anxiety. Also your temperature can go higher by an increase in heart rate. I worry about you you can make yourself sick by this worry. You are young and im sure fine. Get a second opinion if you need to. Concentrate on your sweet baby,i wish i was your age again and ny kids were little.Xx
    • Posted

Thankyou I don't know what's going on its still doing it I'm going to doctors tonight and if they don't take action I'm going private it's gonna cost a bomb but I need to get help I really do and I need to know what is going on my heart is just jumping constantly to random numbers and I'm relaxed today had a shower ect got dressed for once still it's jumoing around and High when I stand I'm so fed up now I just want to be me again xx
  • Posted

Steph, accept that there's nothing wrong with you physically.

You have severe anxiety and you need help with that.

I hope you find a way to push through this

• Posted

Hi hon,i read you are still having issues. If it does turn out to be a physical thing since its so irradic,and im not saying it is as i do believe its anxiety. Lets just say it is physical. How about asking about a pace maker. They can be wonderful at controlling erratic heartbeats,my cousin has had one for years. Just something to ask a doctor. Either way,you should not have to live with so much fear. Xx
    • Posted

No doctor will insert a pacemaker if the patient doesn't need one!

You can't just go and ask for one. If it is needed, it will be suggested.

Steph has had a myriad of tests which have all shown that there's nothing wrong with her heart, so clearly she doesn't need a pacemaker.

• Posted

I know about pacemakers,if she does have a physical problem they control heart rythym im not a doctor are you?
    • Posted

You really think i think you can just ask a doctor for a pacemaker? She has a wide range of pulse rates that occur rather fast. Do i think she has anxiety,yes,who wouldnt,but its not a waste of money to be sure and get another opinion.
    • Posted

Actually my doctor said if i couldnt control mine when i had the issue sudgested a beta blocker. I dodnt want a med so somehow with the anxiety once he told me i was ok,i wasnt scared anymore and got it under control. If i hadnt,it would have been the med.
    • Posted

I'm a nurse.

I think i misunderstood you, Lee. Sorry about that.

Obviously you know that you can't just go and ask for a pacemaker.

Once Steph has had more tests done, she may well need a pacemaker, but since she has had so many normal results, it seems rather unlikely.

• Posted

I'm glad you got it under control, Lee.

A great many people on this forum have myriad symptoms which mimic genuine heart disease.

Being tested and told you were ok stopped you being scared, but the majority of sufferers don't lose their anxiety - they continue to believe that there is something seriously wrong that the doctors have missed.

Again, apologies for misunderstanding your first post about pacemakers. Love Tess

• Posted

Its ok,no problem. Things on the net often can be taken the wrong way. Hugs!
  • Posted

Thanks all for your concerns my heart is still doing it and doctor said today he can't say for sure what's going on as hospital haven't sent any information out other than I need to see a cardiologist and get a holter this could take months he said he also said it could be a electrical problem I'm absolutely petrified I know it's not anxiety as I've calmed right down today I even went out the house without panicking and went shopping and it's still doing it I guess I have to accept I have a heart problem now and hopefully get the answers I need faster by going private so I don't drive myself any crazier yes I do have anxiety I have horrible unwanted thoughts about my death ect but this looks like it's a real problem if I wake tommorow and my heart rate stays normal then I will believe it was anxiety but if it's the same it's definitely a heart problem because for once today I have not actually been anxious
    • Posted

Please keep us posted. Sometimes on the anxiety forum its easy to blame everything on anxiety. That can be dangerous as sometimes it is somethibg else. The main thing is you are checking out all aspects which is the best thing you can do. Hugs!
    • Posted

I really hope you'll be in a position to tell us that your heart rate stays normal tomorrow, Steph. XX from Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.