No appetite, 1 week post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello

i had my GB removed on the 24th Dec. i was eating ok a few days after the op but now just one day short of a week and i have O appetite. i also feel that whe i do eat bile wants to come out. it is so frustrating because i am a thin person and do not want to lose anymore weight. my stools are also more diarrhea like as well. this is not a nice op and feeling down. (

any tips/ help from those who have recovered.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi nat this is normal what you going through I was the same and as for the diarrhea this is normal dont forget you got no where to store the bile so it is running straight into your intestines and therefore you will have a runny belly mine was like that for a year and now I have gone the oppisite. your body needs time to get use to the organ not being there. eat little and often low fat diet

• Posted

Hi Nathalie, I am 6 weeks post op and still do not really have an appetite. You are considered (as well as I), in the early stages and you should be on a clear liquid diet right now. The bile is what I experienced as well and still am. It is all considered normal. Your body is going to go through a lot of changes and sometimes even scary ones. The diarrhea is normal at this point as well because of the bile being dumped in to your small intestine. Take a fiber supplement for now to bulk up your stool. Give it another week, and eat bland until then. Eat crackers, soup, apple sauce, rice, jello and clear broths. Hope this helps.

• Posted

hi there you are in very early stages dont worry its very early days i was the same felt hungry to start with then no appetite and i am very slim infact under weight now because since 2017 december i was wrongly diagnosed so from that date i have lost about 2 stone in weight i am 6 months post op still have pain in the gall bladder region and pain all along my ribs i have to see a Gastro doctor january ! SO your still in early stage dont worry it will make it worse your appetite will come back just eat soups and cooked apple to keep your strenght up .happy new year you will ge there .take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.