No further ahead after dr’s app’t this am

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well still no further ahead. Told her about the pain, where it is and such, no fever, no bloody/mucasy stool. So she really 'feels' its NOT diverticulitis, because I am not 'presenting' like I have it, other than the pain. She thinks its a hernia. I have an abdominal u/s booked for a week from now, she ordered more blood work too (just had a bunch done on Monday and she was really concerned because my hemoglobin is only 92. ) as well as urine testing. The pain was bad last night, and its still hurting. She said if it gets bad, to go back to the ER.

I would like to ask those that have it, when your having the pain, what does it feel like to you ? (mine feels like a hot knife digging into my left groin area) ..... Does the pain stop or lessen a bit when you have a BM ? (mine doesn't)..... Is there a certain position that makes it hurt more ? (mine is sitting and lying down the most, but walking too).

I actually sat in my car and cried when i left her office. She wants to rule out some things, and said she just might end up sending me back to my GI doctor (the one who does my colonoscopies). I feel like I should just call his office and make an app't to see him anyway.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree you should go to GI for this now it's gone that far..For sure!

• Posted

poor you. this sounds awful have been following your progress and hoping that you would get resolution

the second attack i had was identical to yours no other symptoms except pain more lower left quadrant than groin. Even though i had no gut symptoms i followed a low fibre diet and probiotics and anti inflammatory meds and it eventually went away on its own

In your case it sounds as though you may have internal bleeding somewhere. I am glad you are getting further tests. Hang in there. Ongoing pain is very wearing

• Posted

poor you. this sounds awful have been following your progress and hoping that you would get resolution

the second attack i had was identical to yours no other symptoms except pain more lower left quadrant than groin. Even though i had no gut symptoms i followed a low fibre diet and probiotics and anti inflammatory meds and it eventually went away on its own

In your case it sounds as though you may have internal bleeding somewhere. I am glad you are getting further tests. Hang in there. Ongoing pain is very wearing

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.