No help off doctor.!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been taking 15 mg of mirtazapine for six months. Made me sleep but then stopped working. Went to see the doctor three weeks ago who told me to just stop taking it I wouldn't have any problems coming off it.I feel awful shaky teary no appetite I don't know what is going on. Just wish I had heard of this site before. The doctor assured me I would be fine just stopping it but I certainly feel a long way from being fine. Just don't know which way to turn for the best. I don't want to keep feeling like this I know that.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I've just dropped from 15mg to 7.5mg just to see how I get on, I haven't been to GP thought I'd try on my own. You know your own body and if things aren't right. If you feel unwell go back to GP, there are so many people trying to come off this medication but not cold turkey. Good luck.

• Posted

i have a facebook support group if you want to join?

• Posted

i would go back on 15 mg to get u feeling better then drop the dose slowly. There r loads of replies to this topic on this site. U can private message me as i have come off mirtrazapine successfully without much side effects. i had taken it for 7 months, 15 mg daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.