No hope

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've lost hope in finding love every guy I meet offers me the world then just ignores me

I feel God likes making my life a joke

I have anxiety and depression and I don't know how I am to get over it if all I seem to attract is guys who chip at my self esteem and belief in hope

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kelly, can I ask why you feel you need a man to boost your self esteem? As someone who was in a very bad relationship for 20 years because I thought no-one else would want me, I can tell you that you are looking at this all the wrong way.

My self-esteem hit rock bottom and my anxiety and depression were at their peak when my ex finally left. I've spent the past year building myself back up again. Not anywhere near there yet, but one thing I have learned along the way is that the only person that can give you self-esteem is yourself. If you rely on other people for it, then it is always going to depend on how they treat you, not on how you actually feel about yourself.

I know it is desirable to be with someone, as it's lonely being on your own. But I think you would benefit from just concentrating on yourself for a while. It might take a year, it might take two. It doesn't matter. So long as you put yourself first, and start living your life for you, then someone will just along when you least expect it. 

I'm speaking from real experience here. Forget about men for a while. They will still be ther when you are ready!

Oh and one last thing...try to avoid the ones who instantly promise you the world!! You don't need the world. Just a kind heart. xx

• Posted

I don't need a man, all I would like is someone just to be honest.

Once again I feel like I got excited for no reason a fool again.

I grow tired everyday everyday

I don't mind a guy who comes on strong I get tired of the dos and don'ts of relationships ...stay away from bad boys, good boys are clingy ...I just would like something to work

• Posted

Hello Kelly.

Dating sites are a bit notorious for being 'Hook ups'.

Some of these guys are there to play the field & they get real good at deception.Then the dumping & move they move on.

Tinder has a reputation of fake profiles & people treating it as a hook up site.Women are doing it too.

I am using a dating website but hav'nt actually had a face to face meet yet, but having researched a bit about tinder decided not to.

As a man looking for a decent woman & hoping to find a soulmate/companion/friend my only advice to you would be don't get into bed with them at least until you are fairly sure its got a chance.If bed is all they want they won't wait.If it not they will because its not that essential.

Move on if he won't answer your call & don't be his stop off when he feels like it.

Maybe try another site but beware not all are free to read messages from potential matches.

Best of luck in love.

regards.

YOD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.