No interest in food

Posted , 13 users are following.

So I've read many women have nausea during peri. What about having no interest in food. I have a hard time finding things that are appealing to eat. Not only that but I feel full a lot of the time. Not bloated or in pain just full. I have lost weight,but doctor doesn't seem concerned. I do have the nausea as well. Anyone else going through this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Michelle - I forgot that I went through this, too. I had a horrible crash of hormones in June - so many symptoms on the list. I remember one day late in the afternoon realizing I really hadn't been eating - and wow; did that scare me. Things that I loved; even indulging in a naughty favorite fast food...I could barely get it down. As if I wasn't already frightened about what was happening - this "non interest in food" was probably in the top 5 of concerning. It lasted off and on it seemed for almost 9 weeks. I thought I was pregnant! My husband had a vasectomy years ago - but believe it or not, I went and got a pregnancy test because that's what it felt like. Of course the test was negative.

I was trying to come up with ways to get some calories. Since I was having so many hot flashes and night sweats, I knew I was dehydrated. I realized that some of the electrolyte drinks had at least 140 calories. So rather than drink water for hydration, I drank a lot of electrolytes to get in some calories. The other thing I remembered was ginger for nausea. Again - it wasn't the healthiest, but I was desperate to get in some calories so I bought many boxes of ginger cookies to help with the nausea and I would eat those as much as I could. Thankfully I haven't had that symptom again! But you never know with this transition. 

• Posted

Thank you for all your responses. It's not fun forcing yourself to eat,never thought I'd say that, I seem to have a couple bad weeks, then ok for a while. It's a vicious cycle. It's just like all the other symptoms that come and go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.