No more

Posted , 8 users are following.

took last night for first time and never again. Keep being told its "my choice" so I chose to sort the problem my way

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

The best choice you have ever made in LIFE.... BELIEVE ME. If you don't, continue to take and we will talk after 2 months.... :-) Keep to your self and try to solve the problems. DO not rely on drugs as they can destroy your life.

• Posted

I found that taking antidepressants helped to get me to a state where I could sort out my problems using positive thinking and CBT.
    • Posted

pixie22 that is why I asked for these meds too...

I feel I have fallen off the ladder and none of my many attempts to get back on it have worked; so I was hoping the meds would do this....

• Posted

OK, so having tried my VERY BEST to manage my depression, I finally went to the GP for meds; he gave me Mirtz.  But when I got home and read about the side effects, I didn't want to take them - they appear to be horrendous!  Mollysox, what happened to you after just 1 does?

• Posted

I don't read the side effects until after I've tried the medication, although I do read the warnings, of course. I can't predict how your body will respond to mirtazapine because everyone is different. All I can say is that it has been successful for me in blunting the extreme anxiety and depression so that I can deal with my problems. I've had very few of the side effects, only a slightly dozy feeling to start with, and a slightly dry mouth which has been manageable.

• Posted

That is good to know, thanks pixie22...
  • Posted

Hi I took these tabs for two years and they do work I have now been cold turkey for 3 weeks not one has touched my mouth this was my decision as u know ppl have diffrent affects mine was weight gain a lot of weight I feel better in my self for coming off but finding it a tad hard to fall asleep at a night these tabs do work for most ppl good luck hope you find the right answer
  • Posted

This drug gave me my life back to start with, although they knock you for six when you first start taking them, but this effect wears off after a couple of weeks. Each day it gets noticably better. They also cured my migraines, itching and lack of appetite/weight loss. They gave me the best sleep I had ever had for 3 years. BUT, they had major effects on me physically. They gave me stage 3 kidney disease (thankfully, since being off the mirt this has almost reversed itself). They made me gain a lot of weight, and my thyroid became massively and life threateningly over- active when I came off the mirt. Turns out the stress of withdrawal caused it, or I already had it and the mirt was covering the symptoms. I think I may have started with it when the mirt appeared to poop out on me and I suddenly couldn't sleep and developed high anxiety. All symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

?If I had my time again, I probably wouldn't have taken the mirtazapine. It's an extremely powerful drug. I know it caused my kidney disease and probably played a big role in causing my hyperthyroidism.

• Posted

Hi Evergreen smile  

Gave me back my life too, enabled me to function again.  Taken me a year so far to taper from though.  I wonder how many of us would take this med' if we knew then what we know now !!

• Posted

Hi Calmer, how're you doing? I'm finally starting to feel better now that my thyroid is under control. I can swing to super anxiety complete with extreme shaking if emotionally stressed though. If people are calm around me and there's no discord, I'm absolutely fine.

• Posted

Music to my ears; so pleased to hear you're starting to feel better at long last hey?!?  What a rough ride you've had, never ceases to amaze me when I read of difficulties connected to Mirt.

I'm OK thank you.  At 2.5 mg, determined to see this through doing no more than the 10% every 4 weeks, only time will tell if I get hit when I stop.  I'll be here to tell the story but probably not until next year !!  

I've had very few hiccups apart from the odd few days of tummy sick, and fatigue, but I think the fatigue is shifting - never say never though hey !!

There have been many CT's on here lately, few come back to tell their story, it's all in our DNA - some can just STOP without a hitch, most get very sick.  Still passing on the word for those that need or want it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.