No more tablets

Posted , 6 users are following.

Went to nurse yesterday, total loss, including putting on 5 lbs over holidays, 2 stone. Very pleased with myself. I have been on the tabs for 3 months so she has taken me off them on the grounds they advise only having them for 3 months so you do not get dependent on them and to give you a kick start, and to prove that you can do it alone. With my \"new\" lifestyle she is adamant I can do it. So keep your fingers crossed, I will keep my lips closed, and see how it goes. Will keep you all updated.

Many thanks for all your help over the last 3 months.

Mandy

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well done Jondave.....I am also thinking of stopping when I reach the 2 stone off mark...you now know what to do.(probably always have! LOL)..your stomach is smaller and provided you don't over indulge it should stay that way. If I eat what I NOW consider too much I feel so uncomfortable.
  • Posted

FIRST OF ALL CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS!!! IM SURE THAT WITH ALL YOU HAVE LEARNED ABOUT LOW FAT FOODS WHILST BEING ON THESE PILLS, WILL BE ENOUGH TO KEEP YOU GOING, JUST REMEBER THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL, AND STAY POSITIVE. I HAVE ONLY STARTED MY PILLS TWO DAYS AGO, SO I AM AMAZED HOW MUCH THESE ACTUALLY MAKE YOU WORK TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. WELL YET AGAIN WELL DONE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. KATRINA.
  • Posted

Hi,

Well done to you all!

Just to let you know that when I asked my nurse when I shall be stopping my blues, she said the average is a year.

I have now lost three and a half stone, so thought I would be taken off them pretty soon, but she says that I will keep on the tabs for a few months even after I have stopped losing.

Has anyone else had this advice?

Sasx

• Posted

hello, congrats on all the weight loss, jondave! I agree with everyone, you will have certainly learned many good habits. You can always top what you know up with a Weight watchers meeting for a bit, and the gym until you lose the amount you want to lose.

I've only been on these 6.5 wks but so far have lost 19.8 lbs. (9kg) That is amazing! My ideal weight is 115 lbs (53 kg) or just a bit over 8 stone. (im very petite, so that's why!) (3 stone to go) But then I would actually be very skinny (which is what I want)

Still, my husband is amazed at how much I've lost off tummy and bum! (So am I, and all my clothes are falling off of me!)

Sasx, I've had opposite advice - My nurse told me once your BMI reaches 28 they take you off! I was hoping to stay on longer, as 28 BMI is still overweight. 18 - 24 is normal, so I was hoping to aim in the middle of the normal BMI...

Good luck and congrats!

Vanna smile

• Posted

super! well done! good luck with going it alone (without tabs) i'm sure you'll continue to do well in achieving your goal smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.