No one knows what's wrong with me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I don't know where to put this thread, but i need some advise please, here's my background:-

6th of April, had unprotected oral & vaginal sex with a female. 14th of April, i got ill with the below symptoms:

High Fever

Loss of weight & appetite

I had diarrhea

Feeling tired all the time

Stools are yellowish

Have to clear my throat out every few minutes. 

Now i went for a sexual health test, 09th of May all tests back back clear, i even went for the HIV 4th Generation test, which came back clear.

It's been over 6 weeks, i have managed to gain some weight but my main concerns are:

I feel hot all the time still ( my main concern)

Still clearning out my throat

Every time i eat something 20 mins later i feel i need to go to the loo.

I have these multiple spots on my arms that have developed,  say within a few mm there's around 4 -10 spots formed in a close circle.  It's not itchy, just feels rough my i move my fingers over them.

My stools are sometimes fellowish and sometimes "normal"

Can someone please advise me, I'm not the type of person that panics so much. 

What my GP has said/ done

Blood tests - Came back clear (tested for a few things)

Sent samples of my stool off ( waiting for results)

As for the spots, they advised just to use cream

as for running to the loo - advised it could be IBS (nothing else has been said, they just gave me a leaflet to read)

I still feel hot, but don't have a fever and my temp is around 37 to 37.5

Sorry for the post, I'm just beginning to wonder if it's HIV (even thou tests are negative) or i have developed TB.

Help

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Probably anxiety at your foolishness. In this day and age unprotecetd casual sex with a stranger is like Russian Roulette.
    • Posted

That's very true, but my tests have come back clear. Another 5 weeks I'll go for the re test. 

But anxiety, I don't blame my self after having 6 months of tb treatment, something is deffieantly not right. 

Foolishness yes, stupid mistake!! 

• Posted

You were very unlucky to get TB in this day and age. Are you stil on any meds for it or could it have weakened your immune system?

I don't feel hot but since October even walking short distances has made me sweat prufusely. What will it be like in summer. I developed a rash that a locum thought was a virus. I did not mention the sweating to him. When it did not go away I noticed that it was in worse in folds of the skin and where waistbands etc put pressure.

I went back to my GP and he agreed with my diagnosis and gave me a cream for the affected areas. It has lessened the rash but not cured it as it does not  solve the swating problem.

I hope that you get a solution soon.

Many years ago I knew a young lad whose first sexual (unprotected) experience on a football trip to Belgium gave him something that eventually caused kidney failure and he needed a transplant.

• Posted

I've stopped taking my tablets in Late Jan this year. I thought I'd fully recovered, so was out hitting the gym, drinking, and obviously did a stupid thing. Maybe the TB affected other organs, I wouldn't know I till the doctors run more tests. But yep I think I'm very un lucky having to get TB. 

Hey at least you have a semi diagnosis, how long have you had this for?

As for your friend, do you know what he cought? It's scary!!! 

• Posted

The excessive persperation since last October but the rash started overnight five weeks ago. It would have been better if it had started a few days earlier as I had an appointment with a dermatologist about  a pre cancerous condition on my scalp caused by the sun.

I have a follow up with him next week so can speak to him about it has not completely gone by then.

How do you think that you got the TB. Had you been to any countries where it is still rife? Of course now with immigration from such areas it is being brought here.  

• Posted

Hey,

How's your rash doing? Has it cleared up yet? 

I've no idea how I got TB, i guess I could have got it when I was younger , travelled to India, really not sure. Yes I could have caught  it here, as you said theres quite a few migrates coming in who have not been vaccinated, coming from poor backgrounds, and now it's on the rise again. 

• Posted

The rash now looks faint under the skin. I have not used the cream for around a week. I see the dermatologist next week for my scalp condition so ill ask him about it.
  • Posted

Have you been tested for hepatitis?  Any liver enzymes done? Did you do the whole course of treatment for the TB?  The multi antibiotic treatment for TB is not easy on the system.  None the less, TB can affect many organs and is NOT to be taken lightly.   

Also remember there are many diseases that are not classified as STDs that can be transmitted sexually.   

• Posted

Yes I got tested for hepatitis,  I do not have it, but also shows I'm not immune from it, I need to get vaccinated.

I took my TB meds religiously, only missed one day of the 6 month treatment. 

I had a CT scan done yesterday of my chest, hopefully this could tell me something. Yes other organs could be affected, I wanted them to do one of my stomach, but it was too late. 

• Posted

Sorry if I seem to be bossy or directive, I'm a nurse.  We nurses  are often bossy.  But it comes from real concern.   
    • Posted

Sorry for my late repy, thats ok. Yes TB sucks!! But i guess thats my luck, cought it in this day and age.  Looks to be on the rise again :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.