No one understands the severity of my anxiety. Feeling really hopeless

Posted , 9 users are following.

so, I'm sitting on my bed full of silent tears.. my health anxiety has been over the top for a while. this coronavirus makes it even worse.. my bf rents a business building, and he hasn't been there to do much business bc of everything, but cancelled a second meeting bc of me.. more so with his partners about the space they have type of meetings

i feel bad, but he doesn't know who those people have been around and so forth. he turned our full basement into a work area so i feel like why can't he work at home. him going out is risking him, myself, and my daughter. he literally made me feel so bad, saying I'm stopping his dreams bc i live in fear.. and it hurt bc my anxiety isn't something i have intentionally and its hard to turn it off. it doesn't work like that.. ive Always supported him.. i just don't support him going out and possibly risking me and daughters health. it sucks when he says he understands my anxiety.. i feel like he truly doesn't understand what its like.. im in full melt down mode, I've already been extremely on anxiety melt down mode this was the icing on the cake. i promise i suffer more in silence more then what he knows, and what i show. *sad face

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

I think most of us with anxiety suffer in silence cuz most people just don't understand it. I've been dealing with anxiety for over 10 years now and you're right, it doesn't make it any better. The one thing that's really help me is prayer. That's the only suggestion I can give you and to let you know you're not alone. I'm here in Arizona and all of our restrictions have lifted so I'm pretty nervous about that. But what can you do🤷? Do your best to keep social distancing and wash your hands to keep you and your daughter safe. I will be praying for you things will get better.

• Posted

thank you so much for your response.. i feels so good that i can come here and breathe.. you guys truly understand what its like.. do you think im over reacting? i had a very restless night.. i have anxiety meds but i don't like to take them all the time.. thank you for your kind words and advice.

• Posted

i lived in Arizona for a short time.. my mom lives there, i heard about that.. I personally don't feel like it is a good idea.. I moved to Ohio in 2017 so I've been here. away from my immediate family so that makes it more harder for me. I wish I had it in me to get on a plane and go back to Arizona just so I can be near my mom but I'm too scared to go near a airport..

• Edited

seek19785 I don't think you are over reacting we all have anxiety over different issues and to us are important when having the anxiety. You said you don't like to take your meds all the time but if they help why not take them...I didn't want to take the Lexapro at first but now I'm glad I did .....

• Posted

i don't like to take them bc they make me really tired. and my doc just gave me a new dosage, bur i haven't taken them just yet. it also, bothers me to have to "depend" on meds all the time . makes me feel really bad, that i cant control myself. 😔

• Posted

I think most of us with anxiety suffer in silence cuz most people just don't understand it. I've been dealing with anxiety for over 10 years now and you're right, it doesn't make it any better. The one thing that's really help me is prayer. That's the only suggestion I can give you and to let you know you're not alone. I'm here in Arizona and all of our restrictions have lifted so I'm pretty nervous about that. But what can you do🤷? Do your best to keep social distancing and wash your hands to keep you and your daughter safe. I will be praying for you things will get better.

• Posted

seek19785 most people don't understand anxiety and the symptoms that come with it they think going for a walk or exercise will make it go away, well that might help but I have had severe anxiety for years and have been on medicine most of my life............try to make a list of your symptoms and the way you feel about your bf going out maybe putting it on paper will help you feel less anxious. I found out that you have to keep thinking positive and I find prayer a comfort also also meditation tapes are good there are a lot of them on youtube! Praying things will get better for you!

• Posted

i felt same way with my mom and sister since i work from home and they dont. i broke down crying one day begging them not to work. dont worry youre not alone. just make sure he takes all precautions when going to work & no shoes inside shower as soon as he gets home etc.

best of luck!!

• Edited

Hi seek19785

I'm sorry your going through all this! Its just a terrible time at the moment. It is definitely hard trying to talk to people about anxiety issues especially if they don't have it themselves. I have had severe anxiety problems since I was a toddler I am now 26. For me its always that "what if its serious! My health anxiety has ruined my life. You feel like your whole world is moving in front of your eyes and you cant seem to shake the feeling of drowning within your fear. If I have a headache or a rash on my arm I think I'm dying. If my foot hurts or my hand hurts I think my limb is going to rot and fall off. I have been so the doctors hundred and hundred of times with my stupid illnesses that are never anything! unfortunately some people look at you as over dramatic and weird. For people like us who have bad anxiety its a huge deal!

All you can do through this time is look after yourself and your child, Keep the hand washing up and wipe down counters/door handles etc...Look after yourself

• Posted

yes this is exactly how my anxiety starts, and gradually gets worse over me thinking of it. idk what to do anymore 😔

• Edited

I understand your concern.I have grown kids that are starting to go back to work. Yes, it makes me concerned because they also have children. however, this virus will always be around whether the numbers go down or up. The vaccine won’t be ready for a year to a year and a half. There’s no way that people can stay home that long.

. People need to earn money or their entire livelihood can be destroyed. I know of married couples Who can’t even feed their kids at this point because of lack of income.

my sons wife and also my daughter Who is married are Frontline workers who have with children. Neither of them have gotten ill. nobody in the families have gotten sick. They take the precautions needed and follow the guidelines. when they get home they go downstairs throw their clothes in the laundry take a shower. I understand how you are feeling. I also have had anxiety and I’ve had it my entire life.

Try to be as supportive as you can with your husband. I’m sure it’s stressful on him also and he needs to make a living as well as make sure you are doing OK.

you might consider virtual counseling online. It’s very helpful and they could help you deal with all of this. I hope you feel better take care. Everything will work out

• Posted

thank you so much for responding.. my mom works fire line in healthcare, i literally cried when she went back to work.. telling her ti please be careful, shes been okay, haven't gotten sick and im truly grateful for that. i try my best to not worry so much, and ive had to turn the news off. but there are times when i get worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.