No periods

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 years of no periods is that considered full menapause or still premenopausal and can you get pregnant...any comment appreciate 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

12 months with no periods is Menopause! Which means no more pregnancies! So 3 years is post menopause!! 
  • Posted

You're in menopause and you cannot get pregnant. However, you may begin a series of new uncomfortable symptoms or not. Every women is like a fingerprint, no two alike. BEST!
  • Posted

You are considered to be at menopause when you have not had one for one year. As you are no longer releasing eggs you can't get pregnant.
  • Posted

Hi, thank you for this question.  This is something which I have found is difficult to get a clear answer on.  My doc told me I was safe after one year but after all those years trying NOT to get pregnant (in between babies) it comes difficult to just believe that the safe-time years have come.  Thanks girls for your answers.  I am three years period free too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.