No taste buds, nausea , dizzy off balance.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ladies today has been hell. I finished my period 4 days ago and my symptoms are worse. My period lasted only a day and a half and i noticed that they are not as heavy or have big clots like in the past. I am suffering from having no taste buds. Food taste bland and i have nausea and off balance also bad back pain. I have noticed that i get really bad symptoms for a week after my period and wondering if any of you do. I was not like this before peri.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Yes!!! I started having the nausea and dizzy spells at the age of 38 but dr said i was too young for peri (my hormones showed as being normal), then i lost my sense of taste and had hot flashes and headaches on top of several other symptoms at the age of 40, my periods soon became irregular which was odd for me. Then low and behold i had my last period when i was 41 and havent had one since. Had my hormones tested and they showed low. Dont let drs tell you it isnt peri, i thought i was losing my mind cause they said it wasnt and i felt so awful. I tried several antidepressants and everything cause the drs kept saying i was too young and i must just be "mental". i am finally starting to feel a little better, the hot flashes have eased up, but the dizziness and nausea still show up often. My taste is also slowly getting better!

• Edited

Brandy thank you for your reply. This roller coaster ride is making me nuts. Just when i think i am getting better, all hell breaks loose. This morning i am feeling a bit better but i cannot count on it lasting because my symptoms come and go as they please throughout the day. So sorry to hear that you started so soon, 38 i mean that is young, but hopefully you will have it over sooner than the average woman. My son bought me some gravol for my dizziness and nausea last night and it did wonders. My taste in foods are still bad. I will drink only soup for today and keep foods light. So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Have a great day. Hugs

• Edited

hopforever and brandy... hang in there hopforever, its definitely a rough ride.. these symptoms are always all over the place with the hormones up and down.. even though period lasted a day or 2 your body thinks otherwise so symptoms are still there, then just when you are feeling a tad bit better after period then here comes the awful ovulation..and then symptoms are right back with the ovulation..brandy so glad to hear you are finally feeling somewhat better and the symptoms are easing up for you.. its such a tough bunch of symptoms to conquer..take care ladies .. hope everyone feels better soon ❤

• Posted

Gypsy014 thank you for your reply. Thank you for the insight. This is surely a hell of an experience. It seems it never ends. I just have to accept that i will have good days and bad days. It comes with the territory of menopause. Thank you for your well wishes and wishing you the best. Hugs

• Posted

Hi i have been like that for over a week now , bad headaches everyday , no taste , feeling so tired and ache so bad , had a period a week ago after 2 months , and have felt like hell ever since , its so draining feeling this ill all the time , i wish you all healthy days ahead x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.