No wonder I felt so yuck!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi to people who have replied on here to me. I have finally found out why I felt so ghastly for aboit 10 days. I have a kidney infection, only diagnosed after 10 days, 4 doctors appointments, 1 xray and a really painful period. I feel ghastly. I have put up with this too many years. I knew something dreadful had happened. This is no joke. Hope everyone else is OK? Ugh!!!!! How do I cope with the Sicky feeling by the way?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm so glad they figured out what is wrong with you. Now you can heal and feel better.

• Posted

Hmm true but I've asked for help with this for years. They haven't treated this for years.

• Posted

Hey Sam, Sorry that you had to put up with that for so long...But finally you knew the cause..So will help you to put up with the things better...did they give you antibiotics and pain killers? did they suggest you to drink more water?
    • Posted

Hi Jello, no pain killers, antibiotics (ciflaxin) which is vile, tonnes if water and rest! Bored now and fed up. Hate being I'll, crap patient.

• Posted

Finally I have discovered that the infection I had has moved. Only urinary but now with blood in because the Ciproxin was making it worse

Now a week's worth of Trimethoprim. I can finally breathe z sigh of relief.

• Posted

Hey Sam...I also had cipro for some gi infection, I know how it makes you feel...Well i used to feel very tired..But eventually it went away once I stopped taking cipro...Well trimethoprime is better one....Hope you soon start feeling better...Just tell yourself this is gonna work..and It will workbiggrin
  • Posted

That is VERY serious.  I had a kidney infection a while back, nausea, feeling very ill; MD immediately hospitalized me for several and I was on IV antibiotic the whole time; no appetite.  I then went for an outpatient IV antibiotic every day for several days at an infectious control center.  Please take care of yourself!
    • Posted

You're making me scared, I've seen 6 doctors who have all said different things. I suffer panic attacks now I feel terribly frightened.

• Posted

Try not to be scared. Everyone is different and yours might not be as bad as Elijos. It is strange that 6 doctors would all say something different. Hopefully the new medication will do its job.
    • Posted

My kidney infection was dx in part by a urine specimen,which had an enormoous amount of while blood cells. The correct antibiotic, rest, proper  diet (balanced)  diet are important in recovering.  See a urologist if you haven't already done so.  Don't panic, just take the steps to recovery.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Shellie, my doctors missed something tiny but easily solvable, I have had cystitis I think. When I took treatment for it yesterday the pain eased really quickly. Wallies, they know this has burnt for up to 2 weeks and nobody thought to say 'you could have cystitis'. I am cross now!!!!

• Posted

My mum used to get cystitis and antibiotics and lots of water really helped to clear it up.
    • Posted

Oh wow! I would be upset too. I'm not sure what cystitis is but it doesn't sound very fun. Feel better!

• Posted

Oh wow is mild I think, I am seething! I have been in agony and on dangerous antibiotics, 6 doctors, tsests, scans etc for an IBS misdiagnosis possibly a urunary infection and not 1 but 2 missed appointments, now my IBS has REALLY kicked off too, you watch my doctor won't see me though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.