Non stop itchy vagina for 5 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

After I had sex 5 months ago two weeks later I developed an itch. At first I thought I had herpes but my partner had a blood test done twice both being negative. He also does not have any symptoms. This itch has been nonstop for months on the right side of my vagina particularly in one spot. I don’t have any sores or anything that looks like herpes. It’s jusy really itchy and swollen while the other side is fine. I can’t even go see a doctor because they cut off my health insurance. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

5 months wouldn’t be herpes b/c herpes wouldn’t last that long with constant itching lasting that long specially no blisters in that area but .not every vagina itchy or bumps equals herpes it could also be a fungal infection like a yeast infection or a BV which both cuz itchiness and bumps when it gets worst try Mobistat or get the at home kit to see if you have a yeast 
  • Posted

Cortizone ointment might help.

Did you check if there is a cyst in there ?

As for insurance maybe you can apply for Medicaid . Are you in US ?

• Posted

Hi,

It's also possible, you could have a candida infection?

If so, you could treat it with anti-fungal creams? 

All the best,

Jonathan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.