non stopping eating

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 52 and having a bit of a rough time dealing with this peri stuff but have been trying hard to deal with it. But lately i CANNOT stop eating-i could finish a meal and i going looking for more food! I have gained 14 lbs in a month and a half and i just hate it. I have always been heavy and this is not good for me- plus i go to the gym 5 days a week and i still am gaining- Please if anyone can give me any advice i would love to hear it-p.s. my bloodwork came back fine thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I felt alot like that to start with. B6 seemed to make a huge difference as did going on a very limited carb diet (like atkins). Gym didn't help shift the weight but it is good for general toning etc.

I'm sure there are other posts on here along the same lines and we all have different ways of coping smile

• Posted

thanks for your support- have try B6 and i always limit my carbs i feel like no matter what i do right now nothing is going to help-but i must keep trying bc i truly hate the way i look and feel plus i am starting to feel depress over this-and i really dont need to add something else to my long list of problems thanks again
  • Posted

Hi Kathy

totally relate to you. Ive put on almost two stones in the last year, despite exercising every day. Really getting me down, and I know Im asking for trouble. Even low carb didnt help. Normally the weight would fall off with low carb diet and exercise. Started taking thyroxine tablets 2 months ago, but still no difference. Have been taking B vitamins for a year now. Will be interested in any advice! I managed to stop smoking 6 months ago with Champix tablets, wish they would help me to stop eating. X

• Posted

Hi Debbie nice of you to write back and so glad to see i am not alone with this problem. it used to be so easy losing weight for me- now i just look at a piece of cake and gain 5 lbs that will take 6 months to lose it!! I also stopped smoking 2 months ago cold turkey and thought maybe that was the problem i just don't know what to think or do anymore- i truly feel like i am losing my mind i dont know which way to turn but i will keep trying to lose the weight bc i am so unhappy and hate the way i feel right now. so thanks again debbie and if you hear anything please let me know thanks and lets just try to hang in there dont know what else to do!! Kathy
  • Posted

Hi Kathy, woke up today crying, Im so fed up. Spend my time surfing the menopause and hypothyroid forums! Really thought that starting the thyroxine tablets would help, but no, still has this mass of fatness! Stick in there, dont give up! At least, thats what I tell myself! X
    • Posted

thanks debbie and sorry to hear the tablets didnt help-you are right all we can do is hang in there its just nice to vent once and awhile. thanks
  • Posted

Don't beat yourself up about it. The list of cr*p that we deal with is enough to drive most men to their knees smile. I've taken anti-depressents for a while when I first hit peri and have to say it helped. If nothing else it got me on an even keel and able to work. if you get SSRIs they help with hot flushes etc too.

If you can get it via your GP counselling is also really useful. I ended up going private as I didn't like the NHS woman I got, but the time and space to talk really helped. As do these forums!

Be kind to yourself and keep posting smile

Hugs

smile

• Posted

thanks i wont just would love to feel "normal" again! i am onan anti-depressent and it does help just somedays i just had enough of this but will hang in there has to get better??? Thanks 
  • Posted

I am going through the same thing with the nonstop eating I will be 52 next month and am over weight to begin with any advice/ healthy eating plan would be appreciated biggrin also having a hard time kicking the salt cravings I find it worse then quitting smoking please I need helpsad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.