None of my clothes for me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm so ashamed. I go out with trousers undone and shirts fit to bursting. I have a very small appetite, have been size 10/12 forever depending on retailer and now....... I don't know. I read all about this weight gain phenomena here, and I admit I thought it wouldn't happen to me, how could it, I eat so little and an so petite!

What do I do? Do I buy new clothes? Is this going to last? Will the gain just fall away again? I don't need this extra level of embarrassment in my life.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't be ashamed!   Get yourself some new clothes, secondhand if you can't afford it or borrow from bigger friends.   It's important to feel comfortable in your clothes.

I can't comment on whether the weight gain is going to last or not, because after reading all the negative reports on this site I didn't even get the script made up:  I already have enough problems with my weight, tiredness from COPD and a heart condition so I decided not to risk making it all even worse and reverted to my usual (illegal) way of dealing with depression and anxiety

• Posted

Dear aitchelle,

sorry to read of your weight gain, it does seem to be a common side effect of mir . I gained 8lb or so which I can probably hide. Have you tried the 5:2 diet? I tend to fast 2 days per week, not consecutive days but I'm not hard and fast about it. It appears to keep my weight manageable. Obviously you can't do this with some other health issues e.g. diabetes. Or could you try drinking a pint of water prior to mealtimes? I do getting a sweet craving in the evening after taking mirt and treat myself to a spoonful of honey or agave syrup which satisfies the craving. Hey, other than that it's finally summer, wear loose clothes😎

• Posted

Hi,Yes you do gain weight with Mirt,   I was on 45mg and over time I did put on weight from 7st to 10st but that is over a period of about 5yrs.

But I am WD now and I'm on 15mg,as I've been slowly WD the weight has slowly come off.  I went from Size 6-10to a size14 Im now a size12 so if or when you decide to WD yes you will go back to how you were.

Personlly I liked Haveing that bit of weight,but I'm also happy at a size12 

So don't worry to much do what Jude said buy second

Hand because if you WD you will go back to how 

You were.  Don't fret about weight.

• Posted

Im big now and I hate it. My BMI is overweight. Horrible really.

If I was feeling better it would be ok but im not.

I am wearing loose clothes. I liked to wear close fitting shirts. Now I am trying to fit new styles to hide my fat. I cannot look at myself in the mirror and feel out of breath putting my socks on. My partner keeps commenting on how fat I am.

I will keep on with them for a little while but not for much longer if they still do not help me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.