Nonthingness

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am surrounded by people, yet I am all alone. I have such a deep emptiness inside. I am so full of sadness and pain and confusion. I know longer feel the presence of of my Savior. I just want to hide in a dark, dark room and disappear. Today is God's Holy Sabbath day. But I can't seem to find my Lord. I can't make it without Him, for I have no one else.

I am a very giving person by nature. It give me a sense of pleasure to help other and to see the joy in their eyes when they realize that I don't want anything in return. But these past two weeks have been extremely hard to find even a smile inside of me. The pain in my soul has finally matched the pain in my body. I am losing the will to continue on.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

mina...please hang on in there. I know what you're feeling, been there many times myself. I ASSURE you, it does get better and even disappears for awhile!

life is so CRAZY, just when we think we've got it all figured out, ba-bamm!...something hits us out of left field!

the holidays are such "tricky" times of the year. they're either the absolute BEST or very much NOT!!

I know. I've been at. both ends of the spectrum!!

please keep in touch....there are lots of strangers out here who care...I know I DO!

• Posted

Hi Mina,

Please know you are not alone! Even though you cannot feel our Lords presence right now he is right there with you walking beside you in this trial. He will never abandon you! Say often Jesus I TRUST in you! All is well! Things will get better, you'll see! God bless... you are in my prayers! ❤

• Posted

Try looking towards a bright light, once you have found one continue looking at this light.

Close your eye's and use your imagination to bring this light towards you.

Continue using your imagination this light will come towards you, imagine you are surrounding yourself with this light, it's almost like a sphere of light, there is nothing inside only you and light.

You will feel the power of this light as it comes to you, you are this light, this light that shines in all of us.

Read my profile.

John

• Posted

Hi mina - Time to get real and stop waiting for some "miracle." Get to the doc and explain what you are feeling - it may well be a diagnosis of depression. Depression is complex but can be roughly summarized as effects from a trauma, loss or injury; effects from child abuse; genetic predisposition. The brain is unable to complete the circuit of "feel good" chemicals like serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin. Antidepressants enable those chemicals to function in the brain elevating your mood. Meds will take 3-6 weeks to work. If there are any traumas that need to be addressed, a referral from your doc to a psychologist/therapist or counsellorn would be advised. This will allow you to pinpoint the causes of your depression, teach you how to recognise triggers and learning coping mechanisms.

Psychiatric and psychological conditions should NEVER be "treated" by religion, insisting one "pray" or "implore God." You are a human with human frailties and your body is a machine. Things will go wrong and an intelligent, hands on approach is the only way to effectively and maturely deal with the situation. If your car runs out of gas you don't pray for it. You get up and fill the tank. Problem solved.

• Posted

Apparently Wayne has never experienced the power of prayer. I'm not suggesting that someone should not try meds but they do not work for everyone and in MANY cases make people worse. God Bless!

• Posted

barb - i'll thank you not to prosletize that rubbish to me. You are on a medical site, not a cult gathering - a site where some of your victims come seeking help from the vile crimes we are all reading about.

• Posted

Wayne I will be praying to our LORD for you this Christmas that you find his love and peace which you seem to need by the tone of annoyance in you. You call it rubbish? When you face our LORD on your final days I pray he has mercy on you. MERRY CHRISTMAS! JOY TO THE WORLD THE LORD HAS COME! ❤

• Posted

I completely agree Wayne. Not everyone is religious or wants to be and quoting this claptrap on a mental health site which is open to everyone regardless of belief or non belief is inappropriate and can make others feel uncomfortable.

If you others want to preach or bible bash please find a god site - there are many of them out there and leave the rest of us alone. x

• Posted

Thanks hypercat.

barb - you pray away. You obviously need the practice.

• Posted

I will! And I will include you! Have a happy, healthy and blessed new year!

• Posted

I'm a Christian as well. I get the same, God's stupid world and the futility of life. Alas that's not all, I have far worse problems than that . basically life in an unsortable mess. Gone on for years

• Posted

I don't see anything wrong with discussing your own faith if you wish. Where I would draw the line is promoting your faith on here telling others to pray or to believe in God otherwise they won't be saved etc. This is totally wrong on every level.

This site is for everyone regardless of whether they are a Christian, a Muslim, Islamic etc. It is also for non believers from agnostics to atheists and everything in between. Promoting your own beliefs or putting them onto others is not appropriate, but I am sure if you look you will find a lot of purely Christian sites where you can god talk all you like! x

• Posted

I agree with hypercat. Absolutely nothing wrong with talk of religion on this site, everyone else is free to speak on what they want to, but people should just be mindful as there is a thin line between discussion/suggestions & pushing your beliefs onto others which some may find offensive & not at all helpful to their situation. Equally no-one should bash another for stating their beliefs because they differ from their own, that's juvenile behaviour & has no place on a site like this. We're meant to be helping and supporting each other not adding the crap we're already dealing with!

• Posted

Hi Yasmine and Hypercat - after reading exhortations from the religious for others to "pray it away", i initiated the one and only thread I've ever posted on this site a couple of years ago, asking whether religion had any influence on medical application and outcomes. It was removed from the moderators.

I take offence that others can proselytize on this site carte blanche, especially as a survivor of the ignorance of organised religion and active in the fight against the criminal cover up of their crimes against the vulnerable. I don't care what others believe, that's up to them, but I consider their insistence I stoop to their level and then am faulted for refusing to be that gullible utterly offensive. They have innumerable other places to practise their shameless un-godly con.

• Posted

• Removed BY the moderators.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.