Normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sometimes I feel like I am having a normal day but idk what normal is anymore lol. Normal for me is going through a whole day without any type if panic. Like today. I think I'm having a normal day? But idk what to compare it to since I really don't remember what is normal lol. Sorry if I don't make sense. Just needed to get this off my chest. Ahh anxiety I will beat you. I will destroy you someday.

3 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

I sure do miss the days where I didn't even notice I wasn't panicky cause it never happened back then lol

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Same! Or the whole "why do you feel normal, is something bad going to happen?".. Just once maybe we can all have a spectacular day without questioning anything at all lol

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I understand this. The whole mindset is off. 😟

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Was just wondering myself this lol everyday kinda. 8 don't know what it's like to feel normal any day. To the point I wonder if when I feel my "best" what if it's my normal how I use to feel? Now I just can't see it as normal anymore cause idk what normal is anymore! lol it's frustrating if that made any sense

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I completely understand all of you! It's the worst! But I just try to be "normal" in a sense. Even if I'm not. It's a battle against yourself!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah, basically my anxiety is not to the point where I need medication every day. So I got as needed. I got .5 MG of clomazapán. It works so far! The pill helps me remain focused. So now I have to do my part and get out there.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's daily but only if I focus on it too much. Other than that I can control it. That is why I got as needed. I have my good days and bad days. I told the doctor I was needing them more often. He said we can try these out for 3 months. If I keep having to take them daily then it'll be time to get on a daily one

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Just really try to Only use it when you cant take it. Its addicting but it will keep working if you dont over use it. Many cut that in half even. It has a long half life like 40 hours to it  stays in your system a long time. Its a benzo and always if you use any meds at all check for an interaction. Idk if you drink grapefruit juice but you can not when using this med. it empowers the medicine I think quadruples its potency. So be careful with that.

and yeah now you need to do yours part. Learn every coping self calming skill and tool you find and theroay..cbt ..etc..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was prescribed xanax which only lasted like 8 hours. Which Is why I think I started to need them more. But these do stay in your system longer. Sometimes I think I need them or if I don't take it I'm gonna have a bad day so I automatically take one but I've been getting better at that. So far it's working. No I don't drink grapefruit juice. And I've read about it. And yeah like you said the medicine only does half the job. You have to put your part in as eell. Hoping for the best on this.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, you WILL, Swaggdalu.

Just looking at the great advice you give to other people on this site tells me that.

You're always helpimg otherw, even when you feel rubbish, and that says a lot to me about your eventual recovery,

JUST GIVE IT TIME!

My own anxiety lasted 3 years and I spet those three years in a mental hospital. That was nearly 18 years ago and I'm fine now. I found a new

So it CAN be done, Swaggdalu. And I got my four children back, too.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, Lisa.

Being in the mental hospital was truly the most appalling experience of my life. I had no diagnosis, was sectioned and not allowed out and felt suicidal pretty much 24/7.

But one day, I woke up and felt better - it was a miracle - so many people had been praying for me and at last their prayers were answered, as were mine.

I told the staff that I'd been healed by Jesus and they looked sceptical and added 'delusional' to my notes!

Well, I was out of that place in a month, given a small flat and the rest is history.

The children rushed round and moved in. It was a one-bedroomed flat, and I  have got four children. They were happier sleeping on the floor as long as they were with me. Sucks to you, ex-husband ha ha.

I met Jim. He moved in as well, as did two friends of the older children. So that was eight people in a one-bedroomed flat.

We were so happy to be together again. Jim and I got jobs and as soon as possible, moved all of us to a three bedroomed flat.

Then we found a four-bedroomed house with a garden. The house was massive.

Hard work, but we did it. This was before Jim was bad with the alcohol.

Now, the eldest girl is married, the first son shares a house with some friends , the second daughter rents a room from our eldest child and the youngest, who is a boy, moved back with his birth father, although they hate each other - but the boy (now 21) has been accepted into the Navy.

God help the world - he wants to repair damaged weapons. So when the world explodes, you'll know who to blame.

See, Swaggdalu - anything is possible.

love Tess  xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I say that all the time, I wish I was normal like others. I wouldn't know what normal was because everyday I feel anxiety and weird feelings. I like your outlook go beat it and destroy it. Hang in there

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up