Not a fissure after all!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I had the botox injection back on the 15th June but I laso had some haemorroids banded as well. Coming round from the anaesthetic I was in excruciating pain and was pumped full of pain killers which only really took an edge off of things. I had to get on my feet as soon as possible as I knew that gave most relief and certainly helped things ease quite rapidly. The end result was that there was no fissure! about 4 weeks on and although the bleeding has now totally stopped the pain hasn't. 

?For a while after the procedure I was on three Laxido's a day which wasn't really helping me at all! I wasn't so much having bouts of diarrhoea as passing water and in pain everytime I had a bowel movement. I had to get to my GP. Note that I'm in the UK

?Unable to use a bath I was using a nice cooling showerhead focussed on the area and other than the pain the bleeding had eased up to clearing up altogether and I was advised to reduce the laxitive to one a day at most as I was needing rest between visits to the toilet and it would also give the area itself to heal better as well! I'm now on paracetamol (2x500mg), ibuprofen (2x200mg) and tramadol (2x50mg) for pain relief in addition to germaloids cream which also contains the all important lidocaine which acts as an anaesthetic twice a day to keep things in check and generally speaking all is good and I keep getting my hopes up that I might be able to come off it all as the gaps between bowel movements return to a more normal (for me) evry 3 to 4 days! 

?I like my fruit and veg along with walking which all helps keep things moving and there in lies a problem. I'm experiencing one of my sleepless nights. Last week I had three of those out of six! After every single bowel movement the pain level rockets up again. Good news, no blood. Bad news, I'd score the pain level between 8 and 10 and there is no chance of sleep as it hits a constant 10 when lying down. It starts easing off after about 12 hours now, whereas before it used to be 24, but when you are type 2 diabetic and have sleep apnoea at the best of times it doesn't help controlling your blood sugars or getting the right sleep! I've seen the GP a few times now and it's now thought it could be a muscle going in to spasm but other than that no further way forward. Still passing between diarrhoea to water, still the pain kicks in and when it does! Well you all know what that pain can be like!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If it is a muscle spasm, which would most likely be your sphincter muscle, I would recommend getting the LIS surgery from a reputable doctor who has had lots of experience in this area. 
    • Posted

the good news is it's been gradually easing each week to the point that it has prettty much eased altogether. A mix of changing from a laxitive (Laxido) to a more fibre based (Fybogel) as I found the looser the stool, the greater the pain! Couple it up with a portable bidet and there has been a significant change for the better! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.