Not convinced! Advice please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey y'all! I have crohns, although the dr says "very very mild" I've had issues where I'll get a pain in my gallbladder region. At any rate HIDA scan shows gallbladder ejecting at 90%, no gallstones. GI did a endoscopy to show stomach has no issues since I tend to get super nauseous after eating. So my GI set me up with a surgeon to remove my gallbladder.

Basically symptoms I have is an almost constant mild pain from gallbladder area. Sometimes pretty bad where it hurts to breath. Nausea if I don't eat nausea if I do. Occasionally tan stool. But I'm not convinced it's my gallbladder, even though I have a huge family history of gallbladder problems. Any ideas?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This could be just a case of distended gallbladder, other than IBS related symptoms from other causes like infections, as your nauseaous. You did not indicated if your abdomen is bloated with full feeling, any diarrhea or constipation
    • Posted

Occasionally after eating my stomach will get super bloated, like I look pregnant. My IBD causes me to have bouts of constipation and diarrhea, but there are times after eating its immediate which is unusual for me.
  • Posted

I had fairly similar symptoms constant nausea and bloating and diarrhea which had been going on for years had the scope and CT scan and ultrasound and HIDA scan was 76% I couldn't eat for 3 weeks and had lost 20lb . Had my GB out 4 weeks tomorrow and no pain , had a little nausea for a couple days which I had tried to eat fried food at only 2 weeks post op which isn't a good idea. My pathology report showed chronic inflammation and thickened walls along with stones that the testing didn't show prior and it's been a tough recovery for me getting energy and strength back due to being so sick before but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

• Posted

Sorry about the pain you have suffered. It's so hard to cope with I have had my GB removed. I could not breathe the pain would wrap around from right front to back under shoulder blade. ER thought it was a heart attack as after blood test could not figure the symptoms out. Until a xray was done of the gallbladder and stones were found caught in the bile duct. 

This will soon be sorted out soon,  do continue to get tests to diagnose you pain. 

It's  pretty tough while continuing to cope with all the pain and uncertainty. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.