Not eating

Posted , 1 user is following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I am now on day ten I am feeling a bit better but still can't eat has anyone else been like this? I really want my appitite to come back I have also lost a lot of weight not that I was big before I started.would be good to hear from someone.x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Honey,

I had the same problem as you when I first started on Citalopram - had no appetite at all for about the first 6 weeks. It does gradually come back and any weight I lost initially has gone back on also. Im into month 6 of taking it and am now on 60mg and not had the loss of appetite again. It seems to just be the effect at the start.

Hope this helps

Take care

Kirsty x

• Posted

Thanks kirsty that does help just want to be able to eat and in my jo it is not good as I have to stand most of the day.off to the docs Monday so will have a chat with her as well.have your side affects lasted six weeks?I'm still getting quite anxious about small things.bryony.x
  • Posted

Hi,

I started 20mg Cit for depression 9 days ago and like you have no appetite, I just can`t face food even the smell of it makes me feel sick. also had a couple of days of really bad anxiety and am very tired, I also get confused and angry very easily, My hands keep shaking and sleep is very random.

This is horrible. Can anyone give me an idea how long these side efects last, the doc told me a week or two.

• Posted

Hi mine lasted about about 12days am now on day14 and feeling a lot better starting to eat a bit more now.even managed to go swimming yesterday did not feel too anxious.stick with it the side affects do wear off if you can't cope with the nausea I took motillium with you can get from the chemist to stop you feeling sick.hope this helps.

Bryony

• Posted

Hi guys,

The side effects DO wear off after a while - it seems to vary from person to person how long it takes but they do go away. A lot of people on here seem to have very negative things to say about taking this but apart from the few side effects at the start they have worked wonders for me!! My dose has had to be increased gradually over the last few months but even on 20mg it helped so it is worth sticking with it.

I'm now at the stage where I'm feeling so much better both mentally and physically and my treatment has been combined with CBT sessions as well which is also incredibly helpful so I'm going to start reducing my dose (after talking to my doc of course!)

Hope you guys can stick with it and good luck :D

Kirsty

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up