Not feeling so great....5th day on fluoxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone im on my 5th day of fluoxetine and im not feeling so great i started off feeling no side affects but the past 2 days ive felt really anxious and feeling like im having palpitations although its more of an uneasy chest feeling like im aware of my heartbeat and every sensation. Ive felt anxious, dizzy, faint and nauseous. Are all these normal side affects for taking 20mg? I feel the same as i do before starting medication but worse anxiety and chest unease

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi ya ....just reading this and im 8 days in ....totally agree with you feeling worse and cant sleep .....ive been told 3/4 week to settle down ....i dont know how long i can put up with this ....feeling like im going mad !! 

Health Anxity :-( 

• Posted

Hi im exactly the same im wide awake with this chest unease. Its like i cant feel my heartbeat like as if its slow but then i know if it was racing id be panicked so i cant win really. It all could just be anxiety but i keep thinking what if its the medication and i should be stopping it. Im feeling the same about how long can i put up with feeling so terrible and anxious. Its such a long time to wait for the medication to kick in and still we have no guarantees how we may feel after 6 weeks or so. What side affects have you been having?x
    • Posted

Hi , feeling sick ,cant eat ,sleep ,shaking and tummy not feeling good ...went back to dr with back pains and they told me all would clear  3/4 weeks in ...but its having affects on my every day life ....constant health worries ....x 
    • Posted

I am feeling sick to but not had the shakes i did have it bad when i tried sertraline for 2 days. How old are you if you dont mind me asking? I think it has that affect on your sleep because im also struggling tonight to nod off. The chest unease is making me feel sick and i also get times where i start to notice my heartbeat. Are you hoping to stick with it? I really want to because i want to feel better but i think im gonna make sure all this is normal with my doctor tomorrow x
    • Posted

37 yrs ......i do really want to feel better.....i have had a few brief hours of feeling good during the day . But night times are horrible ....whats started yours off....?  X
    • Posted

How are you today? Im not great i feel nauseous, badly anxious and ive had palpitations so strong it scared me. Im so anxious now thinking is it the medication and is it doing more harm than good. My anxiety started initially from having my daughter nearly 3 years ago but it got worse a year ago which its since been at the severity it is x
    • Posted

Hi ya.....felt ok this morning only having 2/3 hours sleep....start to feel a little down this afternoon ...aches and pains !!!

But defo felt a lil happy this morning :-/

hope you start to feel some good changes soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.